“Hole in the Wall”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
“Hole in the Wall”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I found this place on Trip Advisor and figured I would try it out. When I pulled up I was kind of surprised that it is a small store in a strip mall. As my title states it is a little hole in the wall but don't let that dissuade you. The place was very clean and even though there were some regulars at the bar, everyone was welcomed. I got one of their daily specials (Macaroni and Cheese with lump crab meat) and it was out of this world. The dessert board states all home made desserts and the chocolate peanut butter pie was the perfect way to top off the fulfilling meal.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Dan B

Richmond, VA
“Cozy little neighborhood bar, grill”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

It's nice to have a friendly neighborhood bar and grill amid all of the suburban sprawl and chain restaurants in this area of Midlothian. It's the type of place where locals can gather at the bar and watch sports or have a quick breakfast, lunch or dinner. The food is good, not great, but a really varied menu that will appeal to families and children. We were too full for desserts, but the selection of homemade cakes and pies were exceptionally tempting -- especially the Red Velvet Cupcake and Coconut Cream Pie. With its bowling-alley layout, it has the feel of one of the popular spots in Richmond's Fan District. I can see us making this a regular breakfast hangout.

• Visited April 2014
“Not too good”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Exceptionally crowded with the slowest service I have had in over a year. Took way too long for food to arrive. Wait staff was nice, problem seemed to be the kitchen. Food was not good. Two people sent their broccoli back to be cooked. Nothing looked pretty and the sheppard's pie was unlike anything anyone at the table had ever seen.

• Visited March 2014
Midlothian, Virginia
“A real treat in an intimate setting.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Only our second visit since it opened but now wondering why we waited so long. Gracious owners and staff deliver outrageously delicious fare at reasonable prices. And please to not get me started on the desserts.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank John S
“New Year's Eve”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband & I went there for New Year's Eve dinner. He enjoyed the Shrimp & grits. I enjoyed the Chicken Salad plate with fruit. We really liked the hot bread. After the meal, we were given a cup of 12 grapes. We were told to eat the grapes, one at a time for the months of the year (2014) and that if the grape was sweet, it would be a good month. If it was sour, a bad or iffy month. All of our grapes were sweet and the waitress & hostess kept checking on us to make sure it was going well !!! The decor was nice, the restaurant was clean, everyone was energetic & helpful. The hot food was hot & the cold food was cold. We will surely go back !!!!!

• Visited December 2013