“Small but good home cookin'”

The Grill at Waterford
Ranked #19 of 219 Restaurants in Midlothian
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Waterford is kinda out of the way, don't know how we even found it. The food is American Home Cooking. Try the green beans with walnuts. Yummo! Grilled pork chops and catfish are special too. Got the meat loaf last time. Very different but tasty plus. We have eaten here about five times and have been pleased every time. Service always seems to be the same two or three waitresses who work hard, are efficient, and seem happy with their jobs.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is my 4th visit back and am becoming a regular. The drink specials are always great & the bartender does not skimp on the good stuff. If you are a crab cake lover this is the place for you. Everything I have tried on the menu ( mostly the specials) has been delightful and the portions overwhelming even for my 240lb body!

Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

Sean is a fantastic server,foods great! I have ate there a couple of times. consisyantly outstanding.And a great value

Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I ate dinner at this restaurant while in town for a wedding. I had the best crab cake I have ever eaten anywhere! My husband otdered the tiger shrimp florentine special. He would have preferred a few more shrimp in the dish but the food was excellent. I sampled and thought his meal was even better than my delicious one. The atmosphere was very pleasant and service was excellent. If we lived nearby, we would certainly try out this spot again.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

Our book group meets regularly at "The Grill" so over time, have had a good sampling of the menu. My husband and I are particularly fond of the BLT and the smaller version of the burger, but have enjoyed the grilled chicken salad as well. The made-there chips are delicious, and always consumed to the last crumb. The service is excellent--friendly, pleasant and prompt. It is locally owned with family members on staff--and it shows in the type of service provided. Always accommodating. One weekend we stopped with friends for the brunch--and the 5 of us agreed--an excellent breakfast, well prepared. The bacon was particularly delicious--done just the way we like it! The cheese grits were very, very tasty. Brunch is only on the weekend--during the week, the restaurant opens at 11 a.m. The prices are reasonable, the place is not fancy, but clean and tidy. A good choice all the way around--highly recommended.