“Friendly chefs, tasty sauce.”

Yamato Steakhouse & Sushi Rest
Ranked #74 of 221 Restaurants in Midlothian
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Went for dinner with a party of seven. Dinner was tasty but oddly the restaurant was out of chopsticks and Kirin beer. Both seem to be pretty much staples of habichi restaurants. They were eventually able to dig up a pair of chopsticks for me, and they did have Sapporo beer so the evening was not a total loss. The chef was very pleasant and had a nice performance. On a side note, the side sauce they offer is uniquely different than the standard mustard and ginger sauces (kind of like a variant on 1000 island dressing but very tasty.) This was my third time here and I would recommend.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

The Food is so overpriced and the "Spring rolls" were waaaay to greasy! They took too long in coming to the table to take our order and I went for my 12 year anniversary and I was disappointed.

1  Thank Family1st2012
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Enjoyed dinner you definelty get alot of food and you can spend as much or as little as you want. Price is right in line with other restaurants in the area. I was expecting more entertainment from the chef but it was a different dining experience so Im still glad I tried it.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

Have visited this restaurant for many family birthdays. Always a great meal and watching the chef cook your meal in front of you is always great entertainment. Nice setting and service. I highly recommend that you all try it!

Reviewed August 4, 2011

My husband and I love Japanese steakhouses and we always have a very yummy meal here. We never make reservations even if we plan on bringing the kids. And let me say there are ALWAYS kids in there unless you are willing to wait for a late seating expect it. I personally think they could give the restaurant a head to toe scrubbing. It show the years of wear and grease on the paint and the carpet is sticky.

1  Thank kkeatley