“Interesting spot with decent food”
Review of Uptown Alley

Uptown Alley
Ranked #1 of 8 Fun & Games in Midlothian
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Heard a lot of buzz about this bowling alley with a full restaurant so we tried it out for dinner. On a Friday evening at 6 pm the place was almost empty.Service was very good and our food came quickly. The flat iron steak was tasty, moist and perfectly cooked. The cheese grits had good flavor but not as creamy in texture as I like. The sweet potato fries were crispy outside and moist and flavorful on the inside. Unfortunately they were cold. The biggest disappointment was the noise level. It was difficult to have a normal dinner conversation and we couldn't hear our waiter. The menu was interesting enough and prices reasonable enough that we will likely try it again as an after movie dinner spot but sit outside where it will hopefully be quieter.

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

We had a fantastic time here--well definitely come again. Although the food was not great, we really enjoyed the atmosphere.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Our grandson just celebrated his 7th birthday with family and friends at Uptown Alley. This was our first time visiting and I can say they have their act together. From the time we arrived we were given information where to go and how to get there. Once at the lanes the attendants were happy and eager to assist everyone. When the other children were arriving they would get their shoe size for their bowling shoes and enter their names in the computer for them to begin bowling. There was always someone there to assist you. Very efficient and friendly group working there. After the children bowled we went to the party room where they were served pizza, drink and the cake for dessert. The cake has a little bowling lane on the top. Very cute and appropriate. ALL the kids and adults enjoyed themselves. After the party my husband and I went upstairs to the Red Embers to have a late lunch. The server was once again friendly, courteous and efficient. She truly cared about our being happy and satisfied. I had the prime rib skewers which were wonderful, my husband had the rueben and fries which he said was yummy, a special for St. Pattys day, and our son, who joined us, had the nachos grande with chicken and they are out of this world. One note, have at least 2 other people with you to help eat this massive platter. Everything is well run and organized, and we definitely will return if for nothing else but to eat and have drinks. They have specials for happy hour and bowling during the week so check out their website and make a day at Uptown Alley. Just like us I think you will be pleased. They also have live entertainment and one issue I can forsee is the parking issue. When we left yesterday around 4:00 the lot was pretty full.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This venue- so large, not just a place- is similar to a cruise ship. The full service restaurant had excellent salads and flat bread. We are not bowlers, but this place is an entertainment zone- so if you're not a bowler, no problem! The service, yes is lacking, not a "Disney Cruise Ship" for sure. The bands, ambiance of happy crowds, and spirits will continue to draw crowds from near and far as there is nothing else in the Richmond and surrounding metro area like this.....

Reviewed March 1, 2013

My kids were out of control because we had to wait so long for service. The food was not good not even average and the value was not there. The time we waited for the food was unbelieveable. I will never go there again. We did go early after they opened but it left me so unhappy I won't try it again for a meal.