“Best Mexican Best Prices”
Review of El Cerro Azul

El Cerro Azul
Ranked #31 of 217 Restaurants in Midlothian
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Love the new remodel, looks very nice. Food is always great, some of the best and I make it point to eat local Mexican (not chains) when I travel. Very reasonable prices and the staff is always fun and friendly. Great margaritas too!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

The food is great here...the best Mexican food we've found anywhere. But the staff can be aloof and can be snoddy, as in our last visit, when we wanted a booth. The greeter took us over to a table next to a loud party with kids. I indicated I wanted a booth, and she huffily took us over to one near the kitchen and in front of us, told the other staff that "SHE", pointing to me, didn't WANT to sit at a TABLE. Well.....my better half saw that and took offense. A server comes over to the table, had a hard time taking our order, then brings me back the wrong food. Sigh...We were made to feel as if we'd inconvenienced them significantly.

A couple days later my spouse stopped by to get some salsa and chips I was going to use for a recipe. He was charged $15.00 for a bag of chips and salsa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This used to be $3.95!!!!!!! He was highly irritated and questioned it. The whole attitude was "pay it or don't get it".

If the remodel is any indication, and the attitudes of the staff are anything to go by, this restaurant will be going down.. They were onto a great thing before. Why mess with success??

1  Thank MrsPrigg