“Lovely Location, Great Service”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond - Brandermill - Hull St
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Midlothian
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Lovely Location, Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2010

I stay at Holiday Inn Express properties 90+ nights a year. This is one of my favorites.

Several people have complained that the hotel is difficult to get to. Yes, the sign is small. But it's a short drive through what feels like a dense forest in the middle of suburban Virginia, and that makes it just a little magical on a hot summer day.

I've stayed here 6 nights this year. Ferris is always pleasant and helpful, and makes my stay worry-free. The breakfast is good, with pleasant staff. I haven't found any problems in any of the rooms I've stayed in. I've always gotten a good night's sleep.

There's a Barnes & Noble in a center acrossthe main road, and a Chili's

Definitely recommended!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2010

Stayed there on a Saturday night for a friends wedding at Celebrations. It was ok. Nothing special. My only real complaint would be the mildew in the shower. Not just 1 or 2 spots, but on most of the grout between the tub and first row of tiles. Eh, such is life. Be warned that cabs don't really come out to that area very much since they mostly run out of Richmond. There is basically one cab driver who runs around Midlothian. Also very expensive. $27 cab ride to go about 6 miles to Celebrations. All in all it was just OK. The desk staff was very nice and tried to find me a cab that would fit 6 people to get where we were going.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Springfield, VA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Brandermill while attending a funeral in Midlothian, along with other friends and family members. I agree with the previous poster that the hotel is hard to get to. You can see it from Hull Street Road, but there's only a small sign showing you where to turn. Once you do turn, the side streets leading to the hotel have few street lights, and it's difficult to see anything if you're arriving after dark. Even worse, the turn off from Hull Street Road is one-way, so you can't get back out there. We returned to the front desk to ask for directions so that we go out to dinner, and the staff we spoke simply said, "Take four right turns out of the parking lot". I asked for street names, and they couldn't give them to me. Eventually, we were able to find our way back out but I would suggest that the hotel might want to write up clear directions and keep photocopies at the front desk. It's not as obvious as they seem to think it is.

When we returned from dinner at 11:00, we were concerned to see that the lobby was full of beauty contestants of all ages (toddlers to college students) who were celebrating loudly in the breakfast area. Apparently, it was the recommended lodging choice for a local pageant. A different front desk person than the one would given us directions earlier in the evening called us over to the front desk as we walked in and told us that, if there were any problems with noise on our floor to call the front desk immediately and they would take care of it. We only experienced a minimal amount of noise as the celebration broke up and the contestants and their families returned to their rooms, but I appreciate the proactive attitude of the front desk staff in that regard.

The hotel must be fairly new. Our room was scrupulously cleaned, and the king-size bed with a selection of pillows with "firm" or "soft" embroidered on the pillowcases was very comfortable. There was a nice seating area with arm chair and foot stool, along with a reading lamp, that we appreciated. The room also had a small refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. While there wasn't a huge selection of choices at the breakfast buffet the next morning, the warm cinnamon rolls were delicious on a cold winter day.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carol757
robingray, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond - Brandermill - Hull St, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Dear Carol 757,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on the hotel. I appreciate all the good you stated in your review about the hotel. We strive to make everyone as comfortable as possible.
We are aware that getting into and out of the hotel can be a challenge. I apologize for this and we are working on getting new signage to help our guests!
We hope that if you’re in the Midlothian area you will choose to stay with us again.

Robin Gonyea GM
Richmond
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2010

My stay was wonderful! The rooms were very clean and the breakfast was like no other. Front Desk Manager lady was very pleasant and helpful. Everyone seems very nice and accommodating. I wrote the General Manager about how wonderful my stay was and she replied back to me quickly with a very nice letter..thanking me for my business and for choosing this specific hotel. I will only stay at the Holiday Inn Express Brandermill next time I travel! Wonderful place! Hope this helps you choose your next destination in Midlothian, Va

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Midlothian Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2009

I was forced to cancel what would have been 3 rooms for a 4 night stay because the front desk manager would not guarantee me two rooms side by side so we could keep an eye on / help my grandmother in case of a fall or emergency....they said they would try? Marriott is not as conveinent a location, but they rolled out the red carpet and helped my special family needs.....I can't comprehend the management thought process that does not value customer service, so off to Marriott we go!

Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
USA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2009

nice motel but they allow smoking on the third floor in six or seven rooms so if you stay on the third or fourth floor you are going to smell it stongly. it will get in your clothes.

actually you can smell it right when you get on the hotel on the first floor. I brought this to their attention and they turned on a AC unit in the hall but it did nothing.

too bad. I won't stay there again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Charlie752, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond - Brandermill - Hull St, responded to this review, January 12, 2012
Our hotel is now 100% non-smoking and has been since last January.
Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2009

The night we stayed at this hotel there were several wedding parties and high school groups staying at the hotel with a lot of yelling and running in the halls. The hotel clerk and her manager (who apparently was not even on the premises) were ineffective in getting the groups of people in the hall to quiet down and disperse. The manager was confrontational and rude. In fact, she told us after 10:30pm that if we couldn't deal with the
noise we could find another hotel. All this without an apology much less an effective means of dealing with what must be a fairly routine problem. All in all, the poor quality of management is such that I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midlothian
Hampton Inn Richmond Southwest - Hull Street
Sleep Inn & Suites Harbour Pointe
Holiday Inn Express
Holiday Inn Express
#5 of 6 in Midlothian
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond
BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Richmond Midlothian

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond - Brandermill - Hull St? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond - Brandermill - Hull St

Property: Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond - Brandermill - Hull St
Address: 5030 W Village Green Dr, Midlothian, VA 23112-4832
Location: United States > Virginia > Midlothian
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Midlothian
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond - Brandermill - Hull St 2.5*
Situated off Rte 288 in a charming suburb of Richmond, Virginia, our Holiday Inn Express® Richmond - Brandermill - Hull Street is near Fortune 500 companies like Alstom, Philip Morris and Bon Secours, St. Francis Medical Center. Since our facilities include a 24-hour business center and well-appointed meeting room, you have everything you need for an unforgettable, productive visit. There is plenty to do, from hiking at Pocahontas State Park or playing indoor hockey at Shooters to watching a new flick at Commonwealth 20. Wedding visitors appreciate that our hotel's close to The Gardens at Sunday Park, Wrexham Hall and Celebrations at the Reservoir. "Stay Smart" with a complimentary, hot breakfast bar and high-speed Internet access. Our outstanding service, practical amenities and affordable prices will make you feel at home. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond - Brandermill - Hull St reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Suites Midlothian Hotel Midlothian
Holiday Inn Midlothian
Midlothian Holiday Inn
Holiday Inn Express Midlothian
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond - Brandermill - Hull St Midlothian, Virginia