“Great food, great service!”

Shogun Japanese Steakhouse & Seafood
Ranked #89 of 250 Restaurants in Midlothian
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed November 11, 2014

While Shogun is your typical hibachi Japanese restaurant, their service was outstanding. My husband is allergic to shellfish and the chef so willingly accommodated our special needs (saving the shrimp appetizers for the end of the meal - thank you to those not in our party for being cool about it!). The chef put on a great show and interacted very well with our children. High fire can be scary for the little ones but the chef made sure the kids were prepared. The food was awesome - flavorful and fresh, with all the meat cooked perfectly. Thanks for a great time! We will definitely be back.

Date of visit: August 2014
1  Thank Lesleykay

Reviewed September 30, 2014

I just recently purchased a Shogun groupon here in Buffalo NY. Brought the family and my mother in law for the supposed deal for "$20.00 you get $40.00" worth for 4 people. So it makes it look like the 40.00 is almost going to cover the bill. Cause it includes the drinks also. No they just take 40.00 off your HUGE bill. Well it doesn't stipulate on the groupon that each meal is 20-30 dollars and u HAVE to purchase 4 dinner entrees. Don't get me wrong the atmosphere was awesome, the food, the entertainment and chef was great! They lit the food on fire. Its real neat but total the meal was like $105.00 with 40.00 off. :( Walked out owing 75 for bill and at least 10.00 for tip. So it was an $80.00 dollar obnoxious meal. We thought that's a little over priced. So if you don't have a lot of money don't purchase this groupon its not worth it. But was cool to experience it :) Cant say I will pay that again, I just work to hard for my money and I will make my own at home cheaper and trash and burn the kitchen down.

Date of visit: September 2014
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We have ate there several times. Locally owned they never dissappoint, we drive from Chester where we have to pass 2 others to get there. Well worth it. Try the Shogun Roll, it's very yummy.

Date of visit: May 2014
4  Thank 355kimberlyf
Reviewed May 8, 2014

We had dinner at Shogun for the first time, and were pleased with our dinner--definitely plan on a return trip. We began with fried dumplings--delicious. The dinner included clear soup, then ginger salad--both tasty, but "ordinary." On to the hibachi dinner--hubby had shrimp, and I had filet, accompanied by fried rice and stir fry veggies. The rice was very good, the veggies were good. Hubby was pleased with his shrimp, and ate every bite. My steak was good, but here my only criticism--it was just a little less tender than expected. Still, it was acceptable--cooked to proper medium rare and tasty. The decor was pretty usual Japanese restaurant. We were fortunate to have very pleasant dinner company--visitors from out of town with their family. The wait staff were prompt and pleasant. Nice to have a convenient place right in Woodlake for folks who reside in Midlothian. The price was comparable to other restaurants of equal quality.

Date of visit: May 2014
2  Thank greyhairedwanderer
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Just had dinner there tonight and had to write another review. This place is AWESOME. The food quantity is massive and I always end up taking some home. The atmosphere is lively and exciting with all the hibachi tables.
Staff is courteous and always there when needed. It is tucked a little off the road but it is definitely worth finding. The salad with ginger dressing is one of the best I have ever had. I would love eating more of that ! The chefs are brothers and both have performed on the hibachi grill .... not sure which one is best as both entertain and make the experience even better ! You MUST try Shoguns' in Midlothian Va. You will not be disappointed.

Date of visit: October 2013