“Nothing to write home about...”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Padow's Hams & Deli
Ranked #96 of 213 Restaurants in Midlothian
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Lynchburg
“Nothing to write home about...”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

We were in the Richmond area over the weekend and for lunch we were pressed for time so we stopped in at Padow's because of the "Deli" in their name. The shop is clean and the atmosphere is OK, but its wasn't the deli experience we were hoping we'd have. We ordered pastrami sandwiches ($7.50 each) and found them to be relatively light in the meat to bread ratio. Although we weren't expecting a NY deli experience with an inch thickness of meat, the amount served at Padow's was disappointing given the price. Neither my wife nor I would say there was much taste to the sandwich other than the mustard. Whether that was from lack of meat to taste or lack of taste in the meat, is a toss-up. For about $2 more you can also get a small bag of chips and 20 oz beverage. I got a brand called "Dirty" potato chips with the drink ($2.25). The chips were a new brand to me and they were worth the price...probably the best thing I had there. Most likely we'd not return...shortage of time or not.

• Visited April 2014

Midlothian, Virginia
“too pricey”
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

I end up spending $13 for a club, chips, and tea. that to me is way too much for a sandwich during lunch. the food is okay. the lady behind the counter taking money is not friendly at all.

Powhatan VA
“great”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

too many choices of sandwiches to choose from without holding up the line! Each choice guaranteed to be dee-licious! If fast food is not your style, a homemade sandwich from Padows is where you should go!

Visited April 2012
Chesterfield, VA
“Good for a quick and tasty lunch.”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

I stopped in to the Padow’s to grab a sandwich and chips to take home for lunch. I ordered a sailor sandwich which only took them a few minutes to prepare and came with a pickle spear. Sandwich, chips, and drink were a bit over $10. The sandwich was very good considering how far away from New York we are. I will make a trip back here again.

• Visited January 2012