“Very good food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Wild Ginger
Ranked #6 of 210 Restaurants in Midlothian
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Wild Ginger offers a uniquely flavorful Asian-influenced cuisine and an extraordinary selection of fine wines in a beautiful contemporary setting. We offer over 100 seats of dining space, a covered and heated outdoor patio area, and a private dining room that can accommodate up to 24 patrons for sit down dining, and up to 50 for cocktail receptions
East Lansing, Michigan
“Very good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

My wife and I got out for a romantic meal while visiting family in Midlothian. The atmosphere is contemporary. Music, technoish. Her fish special--rockfish and crab cakes was terrific. Very creative and delicious. I was not all that hungry so ordered sushi, which was pretty good. We started with the chef's version of miso soup, which had a bit of chicken and was excellent. I'd go again for cooked dishes, but would look for a sushi restaurant, if I wanted to go that route again. The range of dishes here is terrific. Pan-Asian it is. Our server was attentive and, much to my delight, able to engage in conversation about details of food preparation and wines. The wine list is good, though not terribly creative and, for me, a tad bit overpriced. My tastes range much further than California, France, Spain and Chile. How about adding a Pinotage or a selection from Portugal or even something from Virginia itself? It was very nice to see a range of craft beer on tap. Two Hearted, one of the nation's best IPAs, is a favorite. All in all it was a very good experience. We'd return on a future trip.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank whaw

Farmville
“Good food!! Service was poor...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

Had some sushi and salad. The waitress was not good at all. I had to flag her down several times and she forgot my appetizer ... By the time I was able to get her to my table it was too late to have her bring it... My drink was empty and after asking her for a refill she again forgot .... I flagged down another person for a refill...

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank KathyKathy2
USA
“Excellent as always”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Love this place! Great service and consistent food. I enjoy how creative the rolls are. The sashimi is also very good quality

Visited June 2014
1 Thank iluvtravels
Richmond, Virginia, United States
“Delicious food. Slow service.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

This place is gourmet Thai, which translates (mostly) to American food with a Thai twist. The ambience is amazing. And the food IS delicious with a beautiful presentation. But, the service is very, very slow. Ordered at around 7p, received entrees around 8:30. We had a larger party, but it shouldn't have that long. At one point, my 90 year old grandmother turned to me and said "I'm just so, so...hungry."

2 Thank Gail_Tim
JBSamuel, Manager at Wild Ginger, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. I am horribly sorry to hear about your experience. Mistakes can happen, but not here. If it's not too much trouble, I would really appreciate the opportunity to speak with you at your convenience so I can better understand what happened that evening and see what I can do to make this right. You're not a customer here. You're our guest. We must never allow our guests to leave feeling anything other than thrilled with their dining experience in our house. The restaurant's number is 804.378.4988. I look forward to speaking with you very soon and, again, thank you for letting us know about your evening and giving us a chance to set things straight. Cheers!
Midlothian, Virginia
“Lovely day for a lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

Just enjoyed another wonderful meal with friends at Wild Ginger. As usually the service was wonderful and the presentation beautiful. We each got different dishes and all enjoyed theirs. As ever, the sushi was fresh and well prepared, A wonderful place to which to return.

• Visited May 2014