“Best beer selection!”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Midlothian, Virginia, United States
“Best beer selection!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Get their pretzels. Remember that this place is for beer lovers. Salty food is part of that experience. The Monday night dollar burgers were too well done for me but others like them. The Reuben sandwich is my favorite

Midlothian, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great beer selection”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Knowledgeable staff, generally very helpful. Some are attentive, others seem to be forgetful that they have customers. Servers tend to be either 4/5 or 1/2 level.

Richmond, VA
“Either Off Night -OR- THIS PLACE NEEDS TO GET ACT TOGETHER!!!”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We were excited to do a family dinner at Capital Ale House last night. Unfortunately we won't be going back. I am writing this review hoping they just had an off night but after reading some recent reviews that may not be the case. On the positive side, this is a very attractive restaurant in a nice area. Parking is easy. We were greeted and sat quickly. Then it went downhill. We waited at least 5 minutes until a server came over. The one who did wasn't even our server he just stopped by to get a drink and appetizer order. The drinks came quickly. We sat for about 15 minutes until another server stopped by and introduced himself. So we inquired about the app. order and he said it was put in and would check on it. Frankly I think it was on the ticket from the first server and then he put it in as it still took another 10 minutes for two items to come out. After checking on our order, he came back to the table to take our entrée order. The entrees came out faster almost right after our appetizer did. Out of the 5 meals, 1 was horrible. 3 were average and 1 was good. The special that was sold pretty aggressively was average (seared tuna with Asian dressing). The other two average meals were a burger and steak salad. The horrible meal was the prime rib. It looked like a precut piece you might find in the frozen section of the supermarket where it is precooked and needs to be reheated. That was returned. My meal was good which was a German sausage dish. All the food was luke warm when brought to the table. So maybe the apps were presented first and our food sat? In addition to the food not being that good, the service was lacking. We had to flag our waiter down because of the prime rib. He didn't come to ask how it was. He did get a replacement out fast and took it back without any questioning. The follow-up was frustrating as we didn't get drink refills quickly and felt like anything we needed (ketchup, etc...) was just taking a long time. I finished my meal when the extra mustard came to the table to give you an example. So, big investment in a nice facility. Staff that appears professional eager to serve. But why the letdown? Either ownership needs to get involved and make sure whenever they are open they are doing their best. Or, there is a complacent attitude because the bar tabs are carrying the weight of the place. We did notice more drinking around us than you would find at a normal restaurant and it made me think are they slowing down service so you drink more while you wait for food or are they just really making money on beer and liquor and the food is an afterthought?

We won't be going back here and the disappointment is a shame as we were hoping this would be added to our list of regular destinations for family dinners.

Niceville, Florida
“Great Service but Food Nothing to get Excited About”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Recently dined here and must say the service was very good. However the food was less than expected. My appetizer of Pork Rinds was new to the menu and one that should be removed (perhaps the bar patrons might enjoy them). They were dry and would break your teeth of you weren't very careful. I had Jagger Schnitzel as my Entree and had to send it back (not cooked).The server gladly took it back and my dish was prepared again. I couldn't have asked for better service. Again however, the taste was that of a frozen prepared diner (not good). My wife had Pierogies and they tasted good, but were very tough (also an indicator that the food was prepared). So if you're not interested in a good meal, the service is great.

Chester, Virginia, United States
“Several lunch time visits”
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

With several lunch time visits under the belt (no pun intended), got slammed with the shocker. No electric cigs allowed. I was sitting at the bar! Just got comfortable with the place after this and previous visits, and planned on making it a regular spot 1 or 2 days a week. I'll be reconsidering. The bar area comfortably seats 30 to 40 people, and I was the only patron at the time. The best part was how the manager made the bartender tell me I could not use the e-cig. What a lack of respect.

Everything else was awesome. Food, drinks, service, cleanliness. Such a shame.