“Good food”
Review of Plaza Azteca

Plaza Azteca
Ranked #66 of 230 Restaurants in Midlothian
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: Located in the Westchester Commons shopping center in Midlothian, VA.
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have never been to this place but my cousins suggested it. One neat feature is they make guacamole fresh right at your table which was good, although it was a bit salty. There was not anything that stood out as outstanding, but the food was good and the same for the service. The menu was large and had many options, including vegetarian.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

We had a post 8pm dinner on a weeknight. The positives: friendly hostess, fast service, acceptable food, and I paid cash so no one could steal my credit card number (as happened on my last visit).
The negatives: (1)the food came out a little TOO quickly for my liking. It would have been nice to imagine that our meals were prepared for my order, rather than just assembled from ready made parts, but two minutes from order to eating was a little surprising. A quibble.
(2) Very pushy waiter. After my other half ordered a diet coke, the waiter suggested SEVEN different alcoholic beverages. I really wish he'd made it clear that the the "big" beer is a BIG beer. It's like 32 oz or something. He Tried to up-sell every order. He offered three dessert suggestions after we asked for the bill. It was a bit much.
(3) The bathrooms. I didn't notice this on my first visit, but I agree with other comments, it's just weird to have open air bathrooms in the center of the restaurant. I can't say it disrupted my meal, but it's not an architectural or plumbing feature i would recommend.

Look, it's what passes for Mexican food in this part of town. It's ok, but I wouldn't be rushing back for more.

Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

this is a good place for the mexican holiday because they dont aggressively promote it. Americanized Mexican food. service increased quality as the meal went on. very heavy poured margarita. Plentiful chips and salsa. the requested hot sauce is very good. Imitation lobster enchalada. Overall good.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Quite possibly the most bizarre design I have ever encountered in a restaurant. The food here is not spectacular but is the decent, standard fare I would have anticipated for this type of establishment. The problem is the bathrooms. First, they are undeniably the centerpiece of the restaurant, with giant neon signs guiding you into immense, airport terminal style open entryways that could accommodate a continuous flow of hundreds of patrons. Unless you are sitting outside, your focal point during the meal is going to be the bathrooms. You will see everyone go in, and you will hear every flush ... because there are no doors. The next special touch: No paper towels in the bathroom, but high powered jet dryers instead, which you will also hear ... or hope to hear. Thanks to the goofy design of this restaurant, you will be forced to observe who goes into the bathroom and will know immediately whether or not they washed their hands. It was particularly nice when a server went in and emerged following a flush but no jet dryer was heard. The final, stomach-turner for me was the guacamole cart, positioned strategically at the entrance to the man's bathroom ... very appealing. If you need to use the restroom this is a great place. For enjoying a meal, not so much.

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful time on April 5th celebrating my wife's birthday - service was excellent and the food and drinks hit the spot. Will need to run today to work off the excess calories, but it was totally worth the splurge. Johnny Mac