“Review from a Business Traveller”

Sleep Inn & Suites Harbour Pointe
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Midlothian
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel while relocating to Richmond for work. I stayed here for 8 nights while waiting for my new apartment to be ready. I loved the location - lots of stores and restaurants closeby. Also - situated in a very safe area. The commute to and from downtown Richmond was about half an hour: 25-30 minutes if the routes with the toll roads are used; 30-35 minutes otherwise. I did not experience any traffic with either option.

The hotel itself is pretty new so definitely no complaints about the room or bed. The room was spacious and quite modern. I must say that I was pretty impressed with the HDTV and the extensive cable channel selection. Never before have I stayed at a hotel with such a wide selection of premium cable channels available. The bed was amazingly comfortable and provided for a great night's rest. Also, I had no issues with cleanliness - this was partly because of the newness of the hotel but also as a result of the impeccable maintenance at the hotel.

I did not partake of the morning breakfast but from the looks of things, it seemed quite extensive.

The staff was friendly and helpful especially the front desk attendant that worked the overnight shift. Check-In and check-out was quick and seamless.

I feel that this hotel is an especially good choice for a businesss traveller, a family, or solo traveller.

In conclusion, I cannot really find anything negative to say about this hotel. It is by no means a luxury facility but definitely a highly recommended choice if looking for a good hotel in and around the Richmond metro area. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank VA_CIH
There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn & Suites Harbour Pointe

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I have stayed at this motel several times for my appointments at the Richmond Veterans Hospital. The room has always been spotlessly clean and very nice smelling. The bed is soooo comfortable. I sleep just as if I were at home. The bathroom is very, very clean. Towels and linens are always crisp and clean. The Sleep Inn personnel are always very gracious, friendly and looking for ways to be helpful. This has got to be one of the best Motels that I have ever stayed at and I wouldn't even consider staying at any other motel when visiting the Richmond, Va area. I would highly recommend this motel to anyone staying in the Richmond area.

Room Tip: All rooms that I have stayed in are roomy, quiet and very clean.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Ellison T
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We were delighted with everything about this hotel. The price was amazing for the size and comfort of the room and everything was extremely clean! The bed was comfortable, staff incredibly helpful, and a large assortment of breakfast items on the complimentary "buffet". We will definitely stay there again.

1  Thank Judy H
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Clean, comfortable, new. It was refreshing to stay in a comfortable surrounding. The entire staff was friendly and courteous. Will definitely return if we are in the area again. The web-site does not do the hotel justice.

1  Thank Catherine S
Reviewed July 24, 2012

No complaints. Nice room, comfortable beds, nice lobby, great breakfast, fridge in room was cold, wifi worked well. Fitness room was weak, just a treadmill, elliptical and mirror. One other machine I think, but didnot end up using it. Pool looked nice too.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Maradom
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Very impressed, great staff, very clean and spacious rooms.

Room Tip: New,Clean !
1  Thank chrisRochesterNy
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Our AC stopped working in our house and we needed to stay in a hotel for a few nights until it was fixed. We picked Sleep Inn and from the reservation to check-out, it was a real pleasure. Ryan and Devin at the front desk were excellent, and all the other employees we came in contact with were a great help. It really was a great stay during a nerve wracking time. Thank you!!!

3  Thank James W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midlothian
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond - Brandermill - Hull St
Hampton Inn Richmond Southwest - Hull Street
Holiday Inn Express
Holiday Inn Express
#5 of 6 in Midlothian
Best Western Plus Governor's Inn
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond
Hyatt Place Richmond / Arboretum

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Harbour Pointe? Share your experiences!