“Our first choice”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Midlothian
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Our first choice”
Reviewed July 27, 2011

The staff and management are friendly, helpful, professional, accommodating, and efficient. They are sensitive to your needs. I don't think I've met a nicer staff. You feel like you are with friends and at home here. It is close to Brandermill if you are visiting family or friends, and a variety of shopping options is conveniently located nearby. The hotel is also close to St Francis Bon Secours Hospital in Midlothian. It is easy to get to the hospital from this location. The hotel rooms are clean and comfortable. The housekeeping staff is reliable and pays close attention to details. The continental breakfast is well stocked with a variety of choices. The hotel staff makes sure the halls and common areas are monitored for noise, so guests can have peace and quiet. This is our first choice of hotels in the area.

Room Tip: nice size rooms that are kept clean
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Betsy757
FairMike, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Harbour Pointe, responded to this review, October 4, 2011
First of all let me thank you for sharing your experience with us and allowing us the opportunity to serve your needs. We are indeed so close to everything and really strive to be your home away from home and want to be the hotel of choice for anyone coming into the area. Thank you for spreading the word about Sleep Inn & Suites! With loyal guests like you sharing their hotel experience we will sure to build more!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Holmdel
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We stayed here yesterday on our trip down south. Our friends live nearby and recommended that we stay at this hotel. We were traveling with two little kids (1&3), and were blown away by the helpfulness and hospitality of the staff.
Firstly, I must admit that I am a little spoilt when we travel. I was prepared for a new experience staying at somewhere like the Sleep Inn, and I could not have been more pleasantly surprised.
From the minute we puled up, the front desk staff was there to help unload all our bags and help bring them up to the room. The gentleman a the front desk would not accept a tip form me for lugging all of our baggage up to the room. He said he was more than happy to help, and could not accept anything for it.
We also were given little goody bags with bottles of water and chips in them etc etc. The rooms were spotless and tastefully decorated. Each room had a bar fridge in it, which was excellent for us, as we were traveling with a cooler full of snacks etc for the kids. When I asked if I could use a freezer somewhere to store the ice packs etc for the following day's drive, the front desk staff were happy to help.
The cold breakfast in the morning was more than I expected. All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat. The only thing I would've loved was a pool.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor. Was extremely quiet, even close to lifts.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank shernco
Thank you 'shernco” for the wonderful review regarding your experiences at the Sleep Inn & Suites. We are so glad that you allowed us to serve you during your time in Midlothian – Richmond Area. I had the pleasure of assisting you with your bags as I could see you had your hands busy with your two lovely children. We are always trying to think of ways to make your every aspect of your stay here with us an exceptional one. I was lucky to learn early on in life that what we do for others is what others will do for us when we are in the same situation or setting and I know that everyone of our associate are dedicated to making sure we do everything we can to be your total lodging and services provider. I am sorry we do not have a pool at our location but we are trying to get privileges at a nearby facility for our valued guests. We cannot wait to serve you again in the near future. See you soon!
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Hotel is over-priced for what it does offer. Rooms are larger than necessary, and you have to go back downstairs to obtain bedding for the pull-out sofa bed -- and go early because they run out of pillows. Breakfast is mediocre at best: cold cereal, some bread, bit of fruit, and it will be shut down on the dot. And don't expect to enjoy the lobby or the breakfast room for some visiting in the evenings. Apparently the staff doesn't like to be "bothered" by groups gathering to chat. We were chased out by the local police because it was 10:30 pm and we really needed to be "in bed." Seriously, the evening staff called the cops on a group of 40-50 yrs olds who were watching TV and relaxing with some drinks. The one officer could hardly control his laughter at the absurdity of the situation. As a group, we would never book at this hotel again and the hockey organization will also not recommend this hotel for any future events. For a new hotel, it is seriously lacking in its customer relations department.

• Stayed May 2011
5 Thank NCgoaliemom
Havre de Grace, Maryland, USA
Reviewed February 1, 2011

This property is either fairly new or recently remodeled. Decor was very modern, clean, and comfortable. There was a hint of new carpet / construction smell in the halls which was not objectionable.

I stay in Virginia hotels about 75 nights per year and this Sleep Inn is a gem. When back in the area I'll stay here again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
7 Thank RoadWarrior61323
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midlothian
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond - Brandermill - Hull St
Hampton Inn Richmond Southwest - Hull Street
Holiday Inn Express
Holiday Inn Express
#5 of 6 in Midlothian
Best Western Plus Governor's Inn
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond
Hampton Inn Richmond-Midlothian Turnpike

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Harbour Pointe? Share your experiences!