“Great food ! ”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

This place was excellent ! Lots if good options. Everyone was super happy with what they ordered. Great homemade bread and a decent wine selection. If your in the area check it out!

Reviewed August 17, 2014

Not a good experience. Waitress was excellent. Owner was walking through restaurant asking other diners how things were going. My husband and I (African Americans) were never approached. Ordered drinks and appetizers and main course meal at same time. Got the appetizers and drink in very good time. However, waited at least 45 minutes for main course. A couple sitting behind us that came much later than us was served. My husband said to me something is not right. He wanted to leave then. I said "let's be patient for a while longer". I got up from the table in search of our waitress. She kept saying our meal would be served shortly. That's when the owner asked what's the problem. Why didn't she approach our table earlier when she asked other folks seated near us if everything was okay. Been in Richmond for over 40 years after growing up in NJ in mostly Italian neighborhoods and had never experienced racism. I will never return to this restaurant and will let all I know not to patronize this establishment!!

2  Thank Rose B
Reviewed August 12, 2014

It had been a few years since I had been here and I was a little disappointed. The chicken soup was acceptable, but not excellent. The pappedelle al sugo sounded like it was going to be excellent, but instead I found it to be very salty and the pasta somewhat soft. I did like the meatballs, but the sausage was nothing special. No complaints on the servers, they were very good.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Visited on July 25, 2014
We went with another couple and dined outside on a perfect night. The waitress was excellent and very helpful and suggested a make your own dish for me. It was an excellent choice. The two women had chicken marsala and they stated it was excellent. The portions were very large and a good place to split a meal if both can agree on the menu choice or plan to take a doggy bag home with you. This is the 3rd visit here and it never disapoints

Reviewed July 23, 2014

The eggplant parmesan I had last night was pretty bad. Three separate slices of eggplant with heavy coating, slices of cheese on top and swimming in tomato sauce. I did not care for the spaghetti with meat sauce that was a side dish. The others at the table had veal dishes that all looked good and everyone said the veal was delicious. The salads that came with dinner were okay. The waitress did a very good job and the atmosphere is nice. However, I won't be rushing to go back anytime soon.