“If you like mussels, must try this place ...”
Review of Belle Vie European Bistro - CLOSED

Belle Vie European Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Although it is located in a strip mall, interior ambiance is sufficiently elegant, befitting an upscale European restaurant.

We went there for lunch, and while my younger son bravely dug into their specialty Moules Frites and enjoyed his meal, rest of us chickened out and ordered sandwiches, Belle vie, Italien, and Parisien.

While sandwiches were good for most part, it was a bit skimpy. I thought the remoulade that accompanied the frites were bit watery and it also doubled as salad dressing. Service was good.

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Visitors from the state of Washington, we came across this surprise on the path from Costco to mom's place in Powhatan. A ribeye medium rare with a refined green pepper sauce was as good as anything at the Metropolitan Grill in Seattle. Truffle burger with foie gras and caramelized onions...wow. Service started out well though hostess never made eye contact and appeared ambivalent. Server was detached and distant though we tried to gently engage. The chef was charming. We'll be back.

1  Thank Eric B
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I've eaten at Belle Vie a half dozen times. Great service, delicious food, perfect presentation every time. Never, ever was I rushed. Everything I've ordered has been very good and some items have been great. My favorite is the lunch salad with warm chicken livers. This place is a real asset to Chesterfield County and I hope the owners find great success here.

1  Thank Kathleen R
Reviewed June 16, 2013

One of the best in this area; in this city space; ever. If you like mussels and I do this is one of the places you will return to again and again. The escargot is excellent. They have wonderful desserts. It is just an all round great dining experience,

Nice atmosphere. Not loud at all.

Very attentive service from the staff and management.

Wonderful for that special occasion.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

This was our first time at Belle Vie and we had invited a couple that was visiting from out of town to join us. The reviews drew us here and we had great expectations. I will admit that we are foodies.

We were greeted amicably and our guests had already arrived and were at the bar. Once the tab was settled we were seated promptly. Our waitress, Wendi, greeted us very nicely and asked all the right questions. Throughtout the whole experience she was attentive and nice, but a bit pushy and rushed at times.

DW ordered Le Filet Mignon (Medium+). It arrived well done. She ordered the Bearnaise sauce as an accompaniment and it was too thin and was very bland and missing the expected flavors of Tarragon and Shallot. I ordered Carbonnade a la Flammande (beef stew). Very flavorful, but the sauce was very thin and absent of vegetables. We ordered the Green Beans and Mixed Vegetables as sides. The green beans were cooked well but absent the advertised shallots. The mixed vegetables were tired and overcooked. DW ordered the Belgian Mousse for dessert and she reported it being heavy and lacking the expected lightness. We will admit that we are used to French Mousse and perhaps the Belgian variety is supposed to be this way?

We had great expectations for Belle Vie, but were slightly disappointed. We will probably return and try some other selections.