“Disappointing Second Visit”
Review of Cafe Caturra

Cafe Caturra
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Caturra is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 219 Restaurants in Midlothian
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife and I had joined friends for dinner at Cafe Caturra in Midlothian, VA a couple years ago, and had enjoyed the food and drink. It took us a while to return because the location is a bit out of our way, but we stopped in on July 27 for dinner, with good expectations. When we arrived around 7 pm, only a few tables were occupied, and a waitress took us immediately to a table near the window. She welcomed us and put our menus down on the table, which had not been cleaned after the previous customers had used it. There lay our menus in puddles of condensation from somebody else's water glasses, with chopped onions from somebody else's sandwich in the middle of the table. When I pointed this out, she went off and returned to clean the table, wiping off our menus and replacing them, too. This left the menus and the tables at least as wet as they had been before, so when my wife said, "Why don't we just leave?", we headed for the door. A hostess must have sensed something was wrong, for she asked if there was anything she could do. I suggested she see that the staff was better trained, and we went across the parking lot to Capital Ale House, where we had a nice dinner.

Have you noticed how most business websites have a "Contact Us" button to facilitate feedback from customers? Check out Cafe Caturra's website: no such button or similar link anywhere to be found.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

A relaxing place to meet a friend for coffee or a meal. The soups are usually very good and the service is quick. You may pay a little more than same offering in other places but the atmosphere is very nice. I like the offerings that include the half sandwich. That is usually all I can eat anyway.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I had the roast beef pannini, they evidently left it in the pannini press too long, the edges were burned and it had a funny aftertaste. Panninis are supposed to be heated with either olive oil or butter but I think they used Pam or something else, gave it a bad taste. My daughter had the pulled pork taco, she said it wasn't very good. I doubt we'll go back there.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is a little nicer than a 'fast food restaurant'. Their soup and salad is very good as is their bread.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is one of my favorite lunch spots. They have the most delicious sandwiches and soup. More recently they added tacos to the menu and my husband and I returned twice that week because they were so delicious. It is a bit pricy for lunch, but worth the money. Staff is also very friendly.