“Extraordinary front desk clerks”

Hampton Inn Richmond Southwest - Hull Street
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Midlothian
Baltimore, Maryland
“Extraordinary front desk clerks”
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

I attended a worship conference in Midlothian Va and had the pleasure of staying at this inn! Front desk clerks, Constance and Jonathan, were extremely helpful , polite and always greeted you with a smile and genuine concern! The room was very clean and comfortable! I highly recommend this place and would readily return anytime! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Tracy T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond Southwest - Hull Street, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am glad to hear my staff provided excellent service while you were with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Maywood, United States
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I experienced superior customer service at the Hampton Inn - Midlothian. The staff made you feel like family visiting their home. The location was in great proximity to the Richmond Airport, restaurants and other shopping. I haven't felt this welcome at a hotel since my experience at a Bread & Breakfast! Kudos to the staff!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the nice comments. It is our goal to be the home away from home to all of our guests. Thank you again.
Chesterfield, United States
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I took my daughter and her girlfriends to this hotel for her 13th birthday so we could stay in town and they could swim in the pool here and they had a blast! The employees were great the rooms were great and it was a very enjoyable stay

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I came with family for my niece's soccer tournament and three other families were checking in at once. There was a lot of chaos and confusion but Constance was working front desk and holding down the fort. She assured everyone that she would personally check each person in and offered water, tea and coffee while we waited. But that's not when things got rocky. Apparently, Constance was a new employee and had to call for help with an issue. When she didn't reach her supervisor, she calmly left a message and politely asked that we give her a minute. I watched her narrow down her line and she never had a frown or sweat on her brow. She catered to each family with the same super service and apologized for her shortcomings---which were obviously not her fault. By the time she got to my family, Johnathan arrived, greeted everyone cheerfully and immediately jumped on another issue. They worked so well together that I wish they could check me in every time I travel.

((There was one thing that didn't make this a five star visit. I think I was a little disappointed in the management. With such a large group coming in, I don't think that the staffing choices were the best. There was a point when their supervisor was called back for assistance and provided what seemed like shrieks on the other end. For an establishment that prides themselves in putting the guest first, that was not the time. As a regional manager, I was very impressed with how Constance and Johnathan handled themselves, even after overhearing their supervisor's corrective measures over the phone. If I could have taken them with me, I would have.))

In closing, I happened to see Constance every time I passed the front desk and she was still smiling. Not only did she offer directions, but suggested restaurants and local attractions during our down times. She kept herself updated with the tournament standings and either encouraged or congratulated each team member and their family as they were coming and going. SHE EVEN REMEMBERED OUR NAMES!!! Hampton's got a jewel on their hands. I'm coming back just for the service!!! (Careful, I might take her with me next time!)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Staff at this location was very helpful and professional. Housekeeping was one of the best I have seen do their job. One Manager by the name of Constance was very outgoing and would do whatever to make the stay at this hotel one of the best. Recommend that all hotel have a staff like this if they would like to keep their customers.

Room Tip: There is no restaurant or room service at this hotel. So, the terrible comments should be N/A.
Bonita Springs, United States
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Very clean rooms. Quiet. Didn't hear a peep at night. Comfortable beds. Clean bathrooms. Staff very friendly and polite. Breakfast was good for complimentary. Enjoyed the hot tea and coco available all day especially since it was cold out! No complaints. Would definately stay again. Location convienient.

Virginia Beach, United States
Reviewed February 18, 2014

The place is clean, quite, and the staff is tops... They were very helpful in finding a good place to eat and where the high school was that I needed to go to for the Regional Wrestling. Even with all the kids in the hotel, it was so quite that I did not know until breakfast that there were so many kids staying there.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Midlothian
Sleep Inn & Suites Harbour Pointe
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond - Brandermill - Hull St
Holiday Inn Express
Holiday Inn Express
#5 of 6 in Midlothian
Best Western Plus Governor's Inn
Hampton Inn Richmond-Midlothian Turnpike
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond

Been to Hampton Inn Richmond Southwest - Hull Street? Share your experiences!