“Rocky Check-In w/Super Service”

Hampton Inn Richmond Southwest - Hull Street
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Midlothian
Fairfax, Virginia
“Rocky Check-In w/Super Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

I came with family for my niece's soccer tournament and three other families were checking in at once. There was a lot of chaos and confusion but Constance was working front desk and holding down the fort. She assured everyone that she would personally check each person in and offered water, tea and coffee while we waited. But that's not when things got rocky. Apparently, Constance was a new employee and had to call for help with an issue. When she didn't reach her supervisor, she calmly left a message and politely asked that we give her a minute. I watched her narrow down her line and she never had a frown or sweat on her brow. She catered to each family with the same super service and apologized for her shortcomings---which were obviously not her fault. By the time she got to my family, Johnathan arrived, greeted everyone cheerfully and immediately jumped on another issue. They worked so well together that I wish they could check me in every time I travel.

((There was one thing that didn't make this a five star visit. I think I was a little disappointed in the management. With such a large group coming in, I don't think that the staffing choices were the best. There was a point when their supervisor was called back for assistance and provided what seemed like shrieks on the other end. For an establishment that prides themselves in putting the guest first, that was not the time. As a regional manager, I was very impressed with how Constance and Johnathan handled themselves, even after overhearing their supervisor's corrective measures over the phone. If I could have taken them with me, I would have.))

In closing, I happened to see Constance every time I passed the front desk and she was still smiling. Not only did she offer directions, but suggested restaurants and local attractions during our down times. She kept herself updated with the tournament standings and either encouraged or congratulated each team member and their family as they were coming and going. SHE EVEN REMEMBERED OUR NAMES!!! Hampton's got a jewel on their hands. I'm coming back just for the service!!! (Careful, I might take her with me next time!)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Staff at this location was very helpful and professional. Housekeeping was one of the best I have seen do their job. One Manager by the name of Constance was very outgoing and would do whatever to make the stay at this hotel one of the best. Recommend that all hotel have a staff like this if they would like to keep their customers.

Room Tip: There is no restaurant or room service at this hotel. So, the terrible comments should be N/A.
Bonita Springs, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

Very clean rooms. Quiet. Didn't hear a peep at night. Comfortable beds. Clean bathrooms. Staff very friendly and polite. Breakfast was good for complimentary. Enjoyed the hot tea and coco available all day especially since it was cold out! No complaints. Would definately stay again. Location convienient.

Virginia Beach, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

The place is clean, quite, and the staff is tops... They were very helpful in finding a good place to eat and where the high school was that I needed to go to for the Regional Wrestling. Even with all the kids in the hotel, it was so quite that I did not know until breakfast that there were so many kids staying there.

sicklerville, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

I gave the room price a 5 due to my ignorance toward pricing. I understand seasonal pricing/ location, but this location was 10 plus miles from the city and dead winter. It was the closest location to our attending event though. Beside that, my girlfriend had a smoking room which we find extremely rare in my travels. We wish that there was an "11" rating for the bed comfort. The room/bathroom were extremely clean. Beside the great room conditions, the staff at the front desk were exquisite. Every individual was super friendly upon our entrance and exit. The one person that was most helpful to us during our stay was, Johnathan. He was present during check in, and most of our entrance/exits. Johnathon was very friendly, helpful, complimentary, and very well dressed. Johnathon deserves recognition as an outstanding employee, and I would most definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dinwiddie, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

All of the staff were polite, friendly and helpful. In specific, Jonathan was wonderful.....at the front desk. He was a tremendous help and the hotel was amazing. Beautiful, clean, accomodating and the breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Tracy T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond Southwest - Hull Street, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you for your kind words I will pass them on to the staff. Thank you so much!!
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

The staff was very nice and helpful. The only complaint I have is that the pool was not heated enough for me to take a swim. Something that I enjoy but other than that it was an excellent stay. Everytime I go to Richmond, VA, I stay at this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your feedback. I will share with everyone. Thank you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midlothian
Sleep Inn & Suites Harbour Pointe
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond - Brandermill - Hull St
Holiday Inn Express
Holiday Inn Express
#5 of 6 in Midlothian
BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn
Hampton Inn Richmond-Midlothian Turnpike
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond

Been to Hampton Inn Richmond Southwest - Hull Street? Share your experiences!