“A nice motel”

Hampton Inn Richmond Southwest - Hull Street
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Midlothian
Reviewed November 21, 2012

(Bozeman Dick): We were spending the night in Midlothian, a suburb of Richmond, VA, visiting family, and wanted something close. This particular property was in a busy part of the county, but off the main thoroughfare, buffered by trees, and almost hidden from view. It was quiet. Our room was large, amply furnished, and clean. The king size bed was very comfortable. The TV was of good quality and modern, but the channel selection was limited. I think the nicest surprise was the complimentary breakfast, which was the most ample I have seen in places like this. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 2, 2012

This property is located along Hull Street in front of the former Costco Warehouse Club, which has long been vacated. The exterior signage of the property is non-existent, though there is a sign on the building itself.

Upon entering the lobby, it is a typical Hampton Inn. The front desk staff appear to be friendly and were uniform challenged, shall I say. Upon entering the room, one of the most frustrating items is the window rattling a/c units which has dial thermostats, not on the wall thermostats of a new era property. Other than being very noisy, it was extremely difficult to regulate the temperature in the room.

The cable/satellite in the room was of good quality and choice of stations. Housekeeping was lacking in this property as there were remnants from a former guest in my room, and the "fitted" sheets were either the wrong size, or have shrunken severely since the hotel first purchased them. The towels were stained and discolored though I must say the bed covering was very comfortable and warm.

I believe my price was just over $120 per night for over a weekend, though their rate seems the same no matter which day of the week you are there. Regardless, for this hotel and its offered amenities, the rate is significantly higher than one should expect to pay in that area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank LiscomeBay
Reviewed May 2, 2012

The reservationist and manager went out of their way to accomodate us. We had disparate group that wanted to stay close. So they booked two rooms nearly next to each other with the specific requirements we asked for.
We had a wonderful stay and the short time our family had together ..Thank you so much

Room Tip: Ask for what you want--they listen.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank S B
Reviewed February 25, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at this Hampton Inn before and found it to be satisfactory.

This time, we arrived late Friday evening, 2/17. The entry area was under construction. The dining area was a conference room, which is being used as a temporary kitchen. The staff knocked a bit off the bill, which was appreciated, but I would have never stayed here had I known the place was under construction.

So, I suppose I now, in addition to reading trip advisor, I need to call the hotel before we book and ask, "are there any ongoing repairs?"

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Nice clean room. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was good. Only downside was there weren't many tables in breakfast area to eat.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
HamptonHullGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond Southwest - Hull Street, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2011

I would like to thank you for your kind words and value your feedback. Our hotel is scheduled for a renovation starting January 2012 where we will be redesigning the whole lobby and breakfast area and will be converting to the new design which is a Perfect Mix Lobby. The lobby and breakfast area will be larger and have more amenities and services for our guests which will
include a community table. I would be very honored if you would visit our hotel in the near future and have a chance to experience the new design and renovations and give us an opportunity to serve you once again and prove our Southern hospitality.

Reviewed October 19, 2011

But never a worse Hampton. I have stayed here twice now on business and both times stayed in a king room on the third floor. The bathrooms were aged and dingy. It looked like the room itself had been repainted, carpeted, and given new furnishings fairly recently but the bathrooms had clearly been left out of that work. The wall unit air conditioners shook the room whenever the compressor turned on. The bed was clean and comfortable. The whole building has a faint damp sense and mildew odor. Complimentary breakfast was available but not really worth eating. The staff was very nice and helpful. The building is in need of a general overall rehab and is showing its age. There is one large conference room with what appeared to be mold growing on one wall. I will be staying elsewhere on my next trip.

Room Tip: Avoid the second floor where there are a handful of smoking rooms. The entire floor smells of stale...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business

As you have mentioned we have recently renovated all guestrooms with new carpet, 37" flat screen TVs, accent wall and new drapes. Our guest bathrooms are scheduled for renovation starting November 19, 2011 and we will have all new vanities and bathroom fixtures as well as wall vinyl and granite vanity tops. The hotel public spaces are also scheduled to be renovated with new vinyl and carpet. Our lobby is scheduled for renovation in January 2012 and we will have the new perfect mix lobby. The fitness room has been renovated to meet the requirements of the new Jump Start fitness as mandated by Hilton brand and we have all new equipment with individual TVs attached. The meeting room has been renovated with new wall vinyl and new tables and chairs. The air conditioners in the rooms have been replaced where we found the compressors were too loud or had vibrations. I would be very humbled if you would give us one more opportunity to prove our hospitality and to showcase our newly renovated beautiful Hampton Inn Hull Street.

Reviewed September 22, 2011

I stay in Hampton Inn properties often. Because of this, I feel I can compare one from another fairly accurately. Hampton Inns are known for their reasonable price, quality room furnishings, comfortable beds, free breakfast and other amentities. This hotel has all of these and appears to be recently upgraded. Everything was clean and worked in our room. The breakfast was delicious (especially the waffles). There was a clean indoor pool area and workout facility. The staff made a point of welcoming me back, which was a shock to me since the last time I stayed here was in 2001. I used to live in this area and remember the Hampton being surrounded by a Costco (since moved) and some other decent strip shopping malls. This area seems a little tired now and most of the good shopping has moved further down Hull Street. That being said, it is still a safe area and this hotel is priced right for what you get. I would recommend this to anyone doing business in Midlothian/Chesterfield area or for families that are in town visiting relatives or friends.

Room Tip: All rooms here are pretty much alike. No need to "upgrade" here. I liked the bottom floor...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
HamptonHullGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond Southwest - Hull Street, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2011

I just wanted to thank you for your recent positive feedback about your most recent stay at our hotel. I am glad that you got the most out of the breakfast bar (those waffles sure are tasty) and that you noticed our recent renovation. The next time you come to the area we hope that you decide to stay with us!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Midlothian
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond - Brandermill - Hull St
Sleep Inn & Suites Harbour Pointe
Holiday Inn Express Richmond E - Midlothian Trnpke
Hampton Inn Richmond-Midlothian Turnpike
Best Western Plus Governor's Inn
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond

Been to Hampton Inn Richmond Southwest - Hull Street? Share your experiences!