“Nice amentities and friendly staff. Location is ok.”

Hampton Inn Richmond Southwest - Hull Street
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Midlothian
Reviewed September 22, 2011

I stay in Hampton Inn properties often. Because of this, I feel I can compare one from another fairly accurately. Hampton Inns are known for their reasonable price, quality room furnishings, comfortable beds, free breakfast and other amentities. This hotel has all of these and appears to be recently upgraded. Everything was clean and worked in our room. The breakfast was delicious (especially the waffles). There was a clean indoor pool area and workout facility. The staff made a point of welcoming me back, which was a shock to me since the last time I stayed here was in 2001. I used to live in this area and remember the Hampton being surrounded by a Costco (since moved) and some other decent strip shopping malls. This area seems a little tired now and most of the good shopping has moved further down Hull Street. That being said, it is still a safe area and this hotel is priced right for what you get. I would recommend this to anyone doing business in Midlothian/Chesterfield area or for families that are in town visiting relatives or friends.

Room Tip: All rooms here are pretty much alike. No need to "upgrade" here. I liked the bottom floor...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
HamptonHullGM, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond Southwest - Hull Street, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2011

I just wanted to thank you for your recent positive feedback about your most recent stay at our hotel. I am glad that you got the most out of the breakfast bar (those waffles sure are tasty) and that you noticed our recent renovation. The next time you come to the area we hope that you decide to stay with us!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Richmond Southwest - Hull Street

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Spent 3 nights here while visiting family. From checkin to checkout all was good. Front Desk Staff pleasant, welcoming. Requested room clean, fresh, recently renovated. Air conditioner worked well (important as it was 90s-100 deg during my stay) Hampton standards remain consistent & high at this hotel. Bedding & pillows-wonderful comfort-slept well. Bathroom nice size, clean, well stocked. Microwave-fridge-Hampton standard good to have. Flat screen TV with many channels. Didn't need to ask for anything. Note that odd numbered rooms are away from the highway & exceptionally quiet. However, hotel is set far back from Hull St so I doubt even numbered rooms facing the highway heard noise. A Ruby Tuesday restaurant is in front of the hotel. Breakfast service good-something for everyone-from cereals to waffles to bagels, juices, etc. Breakfast hours 6am to 10am meeting majority of guest needs. Pool small but clean & perfect for most everyone. Front Desk staffer Zoya most helpful with providing directions & being generally helpful. I've also stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Midlothian for about $30 more per night and have decided this Hampton Inn is a much better value. There is also a new Sleep Inn (also more expensive than Hampton with fewer amenties) & a Super 8 (no thank you) This is the best place to stay in suburban Richmond. Will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms quiet away from highway
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

I just wanted to thank you for your recent positive feedback about your most recent stay at our hotel. We strive to provide excellent service, and are glad to hear from you that we are meeting that goal. We value your business, and the time you took out of your day to post a review. If you need anything at all in the future, please do not hesitate to call. Thanks again.

Reviewed November 10, 2010

Had a very pleasant stay at this Hampton Inn. The rooms are spacious and super clean. The bed was very very comfortable. The decor is a bit dated but liveable. The real shining star of this property is the wonderful staff. Everyone went above and beyond and made my stay very comfortable. They served a very hearty complimentary breakfast daily (they ran out of omelettes one day, they were so tasty) which was nice, but they could use some gluten/carb free alternatives as it is very bread/cereal/pastry laden. The hotel had excellent wi-fi my room was quiet and clean, and for the price paid, this was an excellent value. I would happily recommend this to another traveler.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
hamptoninnhull, General Manager at Hampton Inn Richmond Southwest - Hull Street, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2011

Thank you very much for your kind words about our hotel. We strive to stay on top of the market here in Richmond and be one of the premier Hampton Inns. Hampton Inn is always on the leading edge of new ideas and does everything it can to improve it's fantastic amenities. With that in mind I am sure that are looking into more dietary options for the breakfast. Thank you again for your extremely helpful feedback.

Reviewed October 13, 2010

I spent 3 nights here last week. Early check-in had been requested - I gained an hour, not the three I'd hoped for due to travel plans. Check-in was pleasant and fairly quick. The room was fine - generic hotel. Large refrigerator (bigger than dorm, smaller than kitchen) and microwave. Rec'd "how's the room" call about 15 minutes after arriving. Beds were reasonably comfortable. Walls inside the hotel are thin, although traffic noise wasn't an issue. Biggest complaint - I had the shower on as hot as it would go and never got more than lukewarm water. Showers were taken at different times of the day, so demand wasn't the cause. Breakfast is standard hotel breakfast. Newer hotels are being built down the street - I'll look to those next time.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2010

Spent a w/e with my grandchildren in this hotel. Very pleasant front desk staff. Room was well maintained and stocked with coffee. Mattress was like new and very comfortable. The pool area was nicely maintained and clean. The free breakfast was a most pleasant surprise. The selections included scrambled eggs, fresh made waffles, bacon, sausage, as well as the usual continental fare. They also allowed take outs- a big plus traveling with younger children. All in all a great stay for for the price. There were also plenty of nearby restaurants for lunch and dinner.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2010

Been here a number of times since the last review. All consistently good except those scrambled eggs.... Do I really have to get used to them? Seems a little weaker btrakfast than other HI,s. But there's a Waffle House a coupla blocks away.

Reviewed May 11, 2008

We had a wedding in VA this weekend and needed to stay overnight as we are from PA. The wedding block was at the Holiday Inn Express and Conference center near the Hampton Inn. Unfortunately we missed the hotel block window for the discounted rate ($119). The hotel quoted us a rate of $219 which was higher than any price on the internet for a room at the Holiday Inn. I decided to google surrounding hotels and found the Hampton Inn for $122 for a King size bed, Macy's discount, and hot continental breakfast. The Hampton Inn also has a indoor pool.

We had a first floor room. The check-in was very easy. The staff was very nice. The hotel was clean and pretty. The breakfast was good in the morning. Eggs, sausage, biscuits, bagels, danishes, fruit, cereal, coffee, tea, OJ, water and apple juice.

The only reason I said above average instead of excellent is because we could hear other people above us on the second floor. I know some noise is unpreventable though.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank lwingerter
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midlothian
Sleep Inn & Suites Harbour Pointe
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond - Brandermill - Hull St
Holiday Inn Express
Holiday Inn Express
#5 of 6 in Midlothian
Hampton Inn Richmond-Midlothian Turnpike
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond
Best Western Plus Governor's Inn

Been to Hampton Inn Richmond Southwest - Hull Street? Share your experiences!