“Beautiful Hotel and Well Run”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond Midlothian
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Midlothian
Reviewed November 22, 2013

La Quinta Hotels are probably my favorite chain, since my Constant Canine Companion travels with me most everywhere & they are very welcoming to dogs. I chose this LQ because of Trip Advisor reviews and was not disappointed. It is a beautiful property, the lobby is spacious and attractive, the breakfast area well lit with television news on large screens, good food and ample quantities; the rooms are well appointed, clean and comfortable, as are the bathrooms. This hotel has adequate walking area for ones dog, which is a nice bonus. In addition, there's a mall nearby with a couple of good quality dining establishments. So, how come only "very good" and not "perfect"? The lamps in my room were of a very poor quality with wobbly shades and dim bulbs. The bed pillows were very small and much too soft; even using four or five of them I could not get comfortable. It is not very conveniently located for anyone traveling along the I95 corridor and was at least a 30 minute drive out of my way. Finally, I have to say the staff here is not the most welcoming or friendly. This is not to say this is a bad hotel, simply not "perfect".

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
TIM A, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond Midlothian, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Thank you for the notes and we certainly thank you for the business! So sorry the staff members weren't as friendly as they could have been - that's not the norm for us : )

Thanks again and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Really enjoyed our week's stay at this LaQuinta. It's very clean, in a great location, with a very pleasant staff. Breakfast was better than what I'd consider "usual fare", with a really nice breakfast area. Lots of space to walk the dog so we both can get some exercise!

I can wholeheartedly recommend this property, and will stay here again when in Midlothian!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
TIM A, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond Midlothian, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Thank you guys for the great notes and recommendation!! Much appreciated! Hope to see you guys again soon and thank you for your business!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We have started staying La Quinta Inns because of their dog policy. We travel with our dogs and we know what to expect when we stay at La Quinta, never surprised by extra charges or policiies, it's always the same. This location (Midlothian) we stayed 2 nights and everything was perfect. The hotel was clean and everything seemed to be new and updated. No pet smells or signs of pets in our room. The location was perfect, lots close by, and right at the mall. The staff was very friendly and we could tell this property was well managed. We stayed while several youth sports teams were there. The staff was able to put us in an end unit where it was a little more quiet, but we never heard a peep. All of the kids that stayed were well behaved. The breakfast buffett was good too. We will definatly be back.

Room Tip: If trveling with your pets, request an end unit. If you stay on the end you will have quick access t...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
TIM A, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond Midlothian, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thanks guys for the kind notes!! I will pass those along to everyone. Yes - we do love pets - but we also make sure that for those who don't travel with pets its a great experience as well - thank you for noticing our work : )
Hope to see you guys again soon.

Reviewed November 6, 2013

This place was definitely worthy of an excellent rating! Clean, friendly employees, very nice location.. Enjoyed the breakfast which was also included. We would love to return to Richmond area, so much to do and see. Especially want the grandchildren to experience all the history!

Room Tip: Wish there was more tv channels that would have some Christian programs or at least some conservati...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the great rating and for your business We sure appreciate both!! Hope to see you guys back again soon maybe with the Grandchildren : )

Reviewed November 6, 2013

I am working for 2 weeks in Midlothian Va. and I selected hotel for location. It is close to my client and also has plenty of restaurants, shopping and more. The staff at hotel is great! Everyone is helpful. The property is clean too.

Room Tip: They offer free breakfast 7 days a week with hot foods.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for choosing us during your long stay in Midlothian. I will pass along your notes. Thanks again for the business and we hope to see you back again on your next trip to our area.

Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

I'm somewhat of a creature of habit, and this hotel has become my place to stay in Richmond. I often times have a hard time finding a room when I travel since I rarely book in advance, and for whatever reason, I never have a problem getting a room here.

The rooms are clean, the staff is very pleasant, and it's close to restaurants and shopping if you need that.

Only downside is that I have been woken up by dogs occasionally since this is a pet friendly hotel. It's a risk I take since I don't travel with a pet, but it's never been enough of an issue that I don't return.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice, clean room at a great price.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thanks again for the business and the great notes about the hotel and your stay....it is tough some times with the pets - we try really hard to keep all in one area but some days its hard : )
Thanks again and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

It was our first stay here since La Quinta took over, although we stayed there frequently when it was Days Inn, and we were pleasantly surprised at how nice and clean everything was. The rooms were very comfortable, and the breakfast bar was a great benefit. I would especially like to recognize Rebecca for her pleasant manner and willingness to help. The one thing that I did not like, which will probably prevent me returning to this location is the fact that FOX News was not an available television channel. Another patron told me that it was removed because an earlier client had complained because he was a liberal and did not like FOX News. That is difficult to believe. If that was the case the customer should have been advised to watch other available TV channels. This has to be a management decision, either way, and it is a bad one. I will check back prior to returning and if FOX News is not available, I will not stay in spite of other positive points.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank Bobby W
TIM A, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond Midlothian, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Thank you for the great notes about the hotel and staff! I will pass those along to everyone here.

On the Fox News - we did for some reason have a lot of complaints about Fox News. Not for sure why but I can tell you we didn't remove it from any TV at the hotel. We simply choose to let each customer select or not select there on channels in the rooms. Regarding the public TV's - I try to keep everything on the Weather Channel but sometimes customers will change the TV listing without our knowledge.
Again - thank you for the great comments and we hope to see you again soon!

Tim

Also consider these accommodations in or near Midlothian
Sleep Inn & Suites Harbour Pointe
Holiday Inn Express Richmond E - Midlothian Trnpke
2 mi away
Best Western Plus Governor's Inn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Richmond - Brandermill - Hull St
Hampton Inn Richmond-Midlothian Turnpike
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond Midlothian? Share your experiences!