“Visit Family /Friends”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Midlothian
Hampton
“Visit Family /Friends”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

Enjoyed my stay, hot breakfast. loved the corned beef-hash. While enjoying a cup of afternoon tea; I was reading through one the books in the lobby- Richmond during the 50- 60 70"s ,photos. I came across one photo that showed a school picture of my kindergarden graduation. It was a great surprise. I showed it to the desk clerk Ms. Heather; she asked me if I wanted her to make a copy . I told her if she could try, that would be great. She did ,and I won"t forget that.Thanks LaQuinta and staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank beviehb
TIM A, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond Midlothian, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you for great comments about your stay and the staff. That was really cool about the news of finding your picture in the book we had in the lobby and I'm also glad you were able to get a copy of it. Thanks again for the comments and your business and we hope to see you back again soon.

Tim

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Fincastle, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

I spent 2 nights in Richmond / Chesterfield VA at this hotel while visiting friends and on my way to Baltimore MD. This hotel has the best location for meeting friends. Plenty of good restaurants close by and a shopping mall adjacent to the parking lot. How good is that? The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable and and the room was very nice, large, clean and comfortable. Everything about this hotel was perfect for my needs. Thanks so much for a pleasant stay in the Richmond area.

Room Tip: No tips on getting a "good room", but this hotel does allow pets if you are traveling with...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
TIM A, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond Midlothian, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for the great notes about your stay! We love the fact we are close to a lot of food and shopping near the hotel and I'm glad you took advantage of everything! Thanks again for the business and we hope to see you again soon.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

AC didn't work and my husband called down twice to have it fixed. The first time they gave him some line about the AC not working below 72 degrees (which our room wasn't even that cool)... The 2nd time they said the hotel was completely booked so they couldn't even move our room but we were told the line about it not working below 72 degrees was bull.
Our room was never made up either (we were there for 2 days) so it was pretty gross by day 2 in our messy, hot room. We were pretty thankful to leave.

The people working there were very nice and the breakfast was ok (wouldn't write home about it, but it's included with your stay so you can't really expect too much...)

All & all I'd suggest you just spend a couple extra bucks & just go somewhere where you aren't aggravated when you leave. If everything had worked and our room was clean however, this hotel would have been just fine though.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank keg1276
Thank you for the notes and concerns about your stay. I'm not going to try and explain or give you reasons as to why you didn't have a great stay. I will simply say "I'm very sorry about your stay" and I wish it had been a better experience for you and your family. We try very hard every day to make sure each guest has a great stay and unfortunately it sounds like your stay wasn't.
I tried to contact you but being that it was a 3rd party reservation we don't have your information. When you get a chance please contact me at lq6606gm@laquinta.com or 804-794-4999 ext. 602 and I would love to make it up to you guys.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Keeseville, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed for three nights while visiting family in the Richmond area. The entire operation was first class. The rooms were spotless, and the bed very comfortable. The complementary breakfast area was clean, and had a more than adequate selection of items. Every staff member we met was polite and courteous. They were helpful, and even made suggestions for entertainment close by. Having a mall close by was great--literally walked across the parking lot. It was typical Richmond weather 95 degrees and 90% humidity, so the mall allowed us the opportunity to get some exercise in by walking the mall. If the need were to arise again, we would not hesitate to stay at this La Quinta.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
TIM A, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond Midlothian, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for the kind notes. We really appreciate your business and letting others know about your stay. I think folks like you are surprised when they arrive as to how much there is to do near the hotel.
Also thank you for the kind notes about the staff...we are working very hard each and every day to make a difference. I will certainly pass on the notes to all of the staff.

The Villages, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

We recently had to make an unexpected trip to Midlothian, Virginia to attend a funeral for a family member. We spent three nights at La Quinta. We chose this because of the location, price and convenience to family. We were pleasantly surprised by the friendly and accommodating staff. We needed two rooms and they were able to put us together and provide a handicapped room even though we had not requested one when we made our reservations. The rooms were clean and and comfortable. The location was great, close to places to eat and adjacent to a mall. Most importantly, it was quiet and provided much needed rest at night. We will definitely stay with La Quinta again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jmk7phb
TIM A, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond Midlothian, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for your kind notes and so sorry for your loss. I'm glad we were able to make a tough situation a little easier for you guys.
Thank you again and best wishes to you and the family.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

LaQuinta inns and suites visit was wonderful. The room was large , airy and clean. we were able to take our small dog on vacation with us at no additional charge.
The greatest thing was that each lamp was equipped with electrical outlets on the base to accommodate cell phones , ipads and any medical equipment you may need to keep charged. The free breakfast was a full breakfast with well stocked supplies and courteous and helpful staff. i would recommend LaQuinta inn and suites to all of my friends and family

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Thank you for the great notes. I will be sure to share with the entire staff. We like the outlets as well - Its always nice when traveling to have plenty of outlets and have them where you can access them - a must for rooms.
Thanks again for the business and we look forward to seeing you guys again soon.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

My car broke down in richmond and I took ill. The hotel was about the only choice in the area. And I could not have hand-picked a better place. Clean, a great value and extremely comfortable. I'm not sure if it was newly renovated, or just new, but it felt and looked brand new. More importantly, the staff was wonderful. They went above and beyond to help me. I would choose this hotel next time I find myself in the area. Great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ocnside_skb
Thank you for the note and I'm hoping the car was fixed quickly : ) Hopefully your next visit here will be more fun : )
Thanks again for the note and business and we hope to see you again soon.

Tim
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midlothian
BEST WESTERN PLUS Governor's Inn
Four Points by Sheraton Richmond
Holiday Inn Express
Holiday Inn Express
#5 of 6 in Midlothian
Hampton Inn Richmond-Midlothian Turnpike
Sleep Inn & Suites Harbour Pointe
DoubleTree by Hilton Richmond-Midlothian

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Richmond Midlothian? Share your experiences!