“"Glory Bea" - Outstanding!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Wayside Theatre
Front Royal, Virginia
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 152 helpful votes
“"Glory Bea" - Outstanding!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

This was my first experience at the "Wayside Theater", and I absolutely LOVED everything about it. From the intimate, small theater, to the welcoming staff and volunteers, and especially to this first-rate production - it was a fantastic afternoon. When I talked with the lady over the phone about the Christmas production of "Glory Bea" she said it would be perfectly suitable for me to bring my 6 and 7 year old grandson and granddaughter. She was SO right!! They loved the show as much as I did, and it was a positive and wonderful theater experience for them.

The play itself, set in the Shenandoah Valley during the depression, is really well done. And the musicians and actors were fabulous. Strong singing voices, and a great locally relevant play - a super combination. I would go watch this again tomorrow, and would encourage anyone to make plans now to attend (assuming tickets are still available). Hopefully the theater will offer a 2013 Christmas feature, because I'll be the first in line to purchase tickets. Thank you to everyone at Wayside Theater for making our day there extra-special and memorable.

Visited December 2012

alexandria, va
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wonderful local theatre”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

For our 27th anniversary we returned the local theater where we had seen "Private Lives" during a brief, but lovely honeymoon. We should not have waited so long! This charming little theater put on a delightful "Tuna Does Vegas," which had us laughing 'till it hurt. I had not imagined a play with this name could be such a charmer. Live theater at an affordable price is something we all should treasure and support.

Visited August 2012
Warrenton, Virginia
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Private Lives”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Really nice production of the famous Noel Coward play. Well done by equity and non equity actors. Small but very comfortable and nice small theatre. Lovely Irish pub down the road. More local people need to support their efforts!

Visited July 2012
Woodstock, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“The best little theater in the area.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

A small, cozy theater with a great variety of programs, plays, etc. A nice night out.

Visited June 2012
virginia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“I help to keep them open”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2012

I go atleast 2 or 3 times a year. It's a great experience and great shows, from mystery to comedy to musical or all rolled into one.
The actors or great! October is mystery month, they've never dissapointed me with a mystery show. Come and enjoy a show!

Been to Wayside Theatre? Share your experiences!