“Almost like being in Eire!”
Review of Nana's Irish Pub

Nana's Irish Pub
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2018

So, spoiler alert! We've been to Ireland twice and my wife is a dual-citizen: Ireland/US. We are hibernophiles (look it up) and are always on the look-out for pubs, music events and the like. We saw the sign on I-81 South last week and located the place for our visit today. We are traveling from MA to TN and back and usually just keep on trucking each way. I checked out the reviews here last week and we decided we just had to stop.

The staff made us feel very welcome right off. Our waitperson, Amber, got us set up with drinks and then our order. She was very personable and did a fine job all around after only 3 days on the job. She found out the answers to several questions we had about the pub and checked in a couple of times during our meal.

Rose had a salad, a side of rashers and the carrot/parsnip side along with unsweetened tea. She enjoyed them all. The salad was oversize for a side, as they should be. I had a Smithwick's (pronounced Smitiks) and the Bangers and Mash and Peas, both of which brought back great memories of drink and dinners in Ireland. The dish was well-prepared and I took my time with each bite. The other items on the menu looked good and I saw a flaky pastry dish go by that made me comment on the quality of the kitchen staff.

We bought a couple of t-shirts to remember this place by and are already planning our next trip to TN with a stop in this town. They do have music on Friday and Saturday nights so we will plan accordingly. It looks like there are several lodging choices nearby so we could more safely hang out in the pub for food, drink and music. Slainte!

Date of visit: August 2018
Tara C, Manager at Nana's Irish Pub, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2018

Thanks so much Joseph for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. I'll pass along your compliments to Amber and the kitchen staff. It's so nice to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We appreciate it and hope to see you next time you're in town. Sláinte!

Reviewed July 22, 2018

Outstanding in everyway...very fresh, hot, tasty Irish food. Amazing service, very clean and interesting décor...and the overall environment has a great feel...!! And...Live Music...

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 27, 2018

Stopped in for a Saturday night dinner. food was excellent love fish 7 chips. what a surprise Brian was singing . This made the night special.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 27, 2018

Dining room at the Wayside Inn is closed on Monday night so Tammy suggested Nana's. Great suggestion. A genuine Irish menu and ber selection. Our fish & chip orders were HUGE. Could have easlly split one. The place had families with kids and couple. Bright, freindly service and moderatley priced.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 19, 2018

We ate there the night we arrived and went back for seconds the next day. They know how to pour a Guinness and they also have my wife's favorite, Smithicks. The food truly reminded us of our trip to Ireland two years ago. Even the service had that down home feel of Ireland

Date of visit: May 2018