“Great food, nice staff”

Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The food was great, wonderful small town place with no hurry in the way or loud busy crowd. The waitress was very nice as was the owner, seated up and made sure we had our drinks in no time at all, food was delicious. Would defiantly go back again

Reviewed July 30, 2013

My wife and I frequent this restaurant but never have sent in a review. The Irish Isle is indeed worth the stop. Remember the food is cooked to order so do not be in a hurry, slow down and enjoy a drink while your meal is prepared. I had the fish and chips, flaky fish on the inside of the crisp batter outside along with a pint of Guinness. My wife had a plate of vegetables of potato and parsley sauce and carrots. If you show up on a Friday or Saturday evening you should enjoy the music of the owner Brian. He will sing some of the classic Irish tunes.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The proprietor at the Wayside Inn recommended the Isle, saying that the pizza place in town wasn't very good. That must be some really bad pizza because the Isle wasn't up to par at all. It was a slow Thursday night. The only items available were Shepherd's Pie and Chicken Pot Pie. Neither was any better than what you might get at Applebee's. Both were overpriced. Service was good...of course, my wife and I were the only folks in the place. Between the Isle and getting bread and baloney from the grocery store...pick the IGA.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

This place is LEGIT! The atmosphere makes one feel they just walked into a pub in Ireland. My husband and I had a tough time deciding what to order so we ordered Sons of Erin and Bridget's Chicken, swapped, and loved them both! Beer is served super cold, which was perfect for a summer evening. The staff is friendly and attentive. We were lucky by being sung to by the owner. Looking forward to another trip back!

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

We slipped in at an odd time, about 2:30 p.m. on a Sunday, and maybe that had something to do wiyh our experience. Mine was fine, good fish and chips, no complaints. My wife, however, got a terrible meal. She went for the O'brien's brisket ... Big mistake. She had me try it. Chordy, nasty stuff. I'm thinking we picked an off time and the wrong dish there, so I'd give it another shot. Don't know that I could convince my wife, though. If you go, stick to the basics (fish n chips, shepherds pie). Otherwise, you might be taking a chance.