“Not good though you may not have much choice”
Review of Nana's Irish Pub

Nana's Irish Pub
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Middletown
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2013

The proprietor at the Wayside Inn recommended the Isle, saying that the pizza place in town wasn't very good. That must be some really bad pizza because the Isle wasn't up to par at all. It was a slow Thursday night. The only items available were Shepherd's Pie and Chicken Pot Pie. Neither was any better than what you might get at Applebee's. Both were overpriced. Service was good...of course, my wife and I were the only folks in the place. Between the Isle and getting bread and baloney from the grocery store...pick the IGA.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

This place is LEGIT! The atmosphere makes one feel they just walked into a pub in Ireland. My husband and I had a tough time deciding what to order so we ordered Sons of Erin and Bridget's Chicken, swapped, and loved them both! Beer is served super cold, which was perfect for a summer evening. The staff is friendly and attentive. We were lucky by being sung to by the owner. Looking forward to another trip back!

Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

We slipped in at an odd time, about 2:30 p.m. on a Sunday, and maybe that had something to do wiyh our experience. Mine was fine, good fish and chips, no complaints. My wife, however, got a terrible meal. She went for the O'brien's brisket ... Big mistake. She had me try it. Chordy, nasty stuff. I'm thinking we picked an off time and the wrong dish there, so I'd give it another shot. Don't know that I could convince my wife, though. If you go, stick to the basics (fish n chips, shepherds pie). Otherwise, you might be taking a chance.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Authentic Irish fare - don't order a salad, go for a Shepherd's pie or Irish sausage, you won't regret it! Guinness is served just right - pub-style, and the owner entertains the crowd with very pleasant and well-performed Irish songs. Great experience overall!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Delicious irish food. We love the Shepherd's pie. The beer is always cold. I especially love the owner's singing of the Irish songs. Reminds me of the music my parents used to love. Always enjoy going to Irish Isles!