“Perfect Weekend Getaway!”

Middleburg Country Inn
Ranked #4 of 8 Middleburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We had a fantastic experience at Middleburg Country Inn! Joann and Kevin were wonderful hosts. They gave great restaurant recommendations, were extremely friendly with guests, and facilitated a charming and relaxing environment. Although we visited in the winter, I can tell the porch is the place to enjoy a glass of wine in the spring. The location could not be better! We were able to walk to shops, dining, and a vineyard. Would highly recommend this stay for couples and families alike. Breakfast was delicious every morning! We will be coming back for sure.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Middleburg Country Inn

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I recently had my baby shower thrown for me at Middleburg Country Inn. It was such a beautiful setting for a special event! Joann, the owner, made her mother's Lemon Cake for my shower and helped the hosts hide my surprise present (A big jogging stroller). Everyone loved seeing the Inn, the setting was perfect for 20 of us and there was even a TV for the men to watch football. Great setting and wonderful space for an intimate thing like a shower. I hope to go back and visit after the baby comes!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 9, 2013

If you like to stay in bed & breakfast places because you want to hear life stories from every other guest, then this is not the place. The owners respect your privacy, and allow you to enjoy yourselves at your own pace. For us, this was an excellent spot. The owners were very hospitable. The room was large. The location was great. And the breakfast, at a table for 2, was excellent.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stayed here with my husband for my birthday in 2010. The hospitality was great, the grounds were beautiful and the room was perfect. The owners were helpful with places to visit and see. Make sure to enjoy a glass of wine on the porch!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Room was very small. Bathroom was not cleaned on day two. Bathrooms outdated. Bedroom carpet not clean. Not enough electrical outlets, must disconnect lamp to plug in cell phone. The innkeeper seemed a little short of patience. She did want to satisfy you, put you could tell the questions I asked were the same she heard everyday.

Breakfast was great. Ambience was very nice. They did provide ice cream and cookies. Limited wine was available for guests. Other guests were pleasant. Innkeeper did live on site which is a plus.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dan K
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This lovely Inn is a perfect spot to stay when visiting Middleburg and its environs. The rooms are very comfortable, spotlessly clean and beautifully appointed. It is a worth a visit just for breakfast...Eggs Benedict served perfectly. We enjoyed reading in one of the parlors because the atmosphere was so restful. We highly recommend this Inn.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lynn60726
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I recently spent a night here while visiting the National Sporting Library and Museum for a special exhibit. What a lovely jewel of a country inn. The innkeeper was hosting a wine and cheese hour when I arrived, so before I settled into my room I had a lovely chilled glass of Chardonnay. What a great way to start a visit! My room was on the top (3rd) floor, so I was glad I had only a small tote for luggage, but the owner did offer to help carry it for me if needed. The room looked out onto the main street on one side and the back lawn and neighboring cemeteries on the other side. Huge comfy bed, well-appointed bathroom. Very quiet at night - I think Middleburg goes to sleep after the horses are bedded down for the night. Lavish breakfast. Ample parking. I hope I have the opportunity to go back some time.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middleburg
Airlie
Goodstone Inn & Restaurant
Goodstone Inn & Restaurant
#2 of 8 in Middleburg
Lansdowne Resort and Spa

Been to Middleburg Country Inn? Share your experiences!