“They make a sparkling!”

Greenhill Winery and Vineyards
Ranked #1 of 25 things to do in Middleburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Greenhill is the foremost boutique destination winery in Loudoun County, Virginia, delivering quality wine, with friendly and professional staff in a breathtaking Virginia Wine Country environment. Greenhill Winery and Vineyards invites you to enjoy our wine, gather with friends, and make new acquaintances, in our authentic and earthy ambiance. Open daily, Noon - Sunset. Reservations encouraged.
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I had wanted to try this vineyard specifically because they make a sparkling wine, which seems to be rare in VA. We did the full tasting, and the sparkling WAS my favorite, but the others were good as well. It's a nice venue, I would like to go back when we have more time.

1  Thank QHM
There are newer reviews for Greenhill Winery and Vineyards

Reviewed July 6, 2014

A few friends and I visited Greenhill Winery & Vineyards while we were touring some Virginia wineries, and this one was a particular favorite of ours.

From what I understand, because we are a private group with reservations, we didn't go to the public wine tasting room and instead drove further into the estate to where there was a more private room. I'm guessing that made all the difference, because our time there was full of great wines in a very upscale setting.

Naturally, you would want to go to wineries that have some good wine, and Greenhill Winery has a few good ones. They tend to skew more white than red, but there are plenty of options. They also had a very nice patio area in the group area where you could just sit out with a glass of wine and talk with friends. It never felt rushed and the service was very friendly and knowledgeable.

I recommend adding the Greenhill Winery & Vineyards to your list if you're doing a tour of northern Virginia wineries.

1  Thank jg325
Reviewed March 20, 2014

My wife and I stopped in for a little visit before dinner on a Saturday for a quick tasting. The wines (particularly the whites) that they were showcasing that day were nice, but there was nothing that stood out to us as more noteworthy about this winery in terms of setting or selection. The staff was friendly enough, the space where the tastings were happening was not as organized as it maybe could have been to provide the best customer service. For instance, when I am tasting a few wines in succession, I like to know a bit more about each one and be able to converse with the staff member. Here, the counter area was very busy and the staff member helping my wife and I kept stepping away between tastings to take care of various other things and only returning to pour the next glass. I understand that things can get busy, but I believe that the tasting area could have been a bit more organized. Perhaps our next visit will be at a less high-traffic time of the day.

1  Thank Adam N
Reviewed March 1, 2014

The property and tasting room are very inviting. The staff is wonderful. We bought a bottle of the sparkling chardonnay and plan to return in the summer for a visit to the patio. There is much promise in this winery. In a few years it will stand up to the best in the area. Give it time.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

We visited in October 2013 and it is under a new owner. The name is now Greenhill Vineyards. They have done a tremendous job of restoration on both the tasting room and the old stone house. Both are in use and should not be missed. They also have new wine, the sparkling Chardonnay is fabulous.

2  Thank Philip C