“Excellent Popcorn!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Excellent Popcorn!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

First of all, I'm a fan of Garrett's popcorn in Chicago. I have to say, however, that the Popcorn Monkey's popcorn actually was better than Garrett's! Their caramel corn has a buttery, yummy taste with a hint of cinnamon. The cheese popcorn (I got the Chicago mix) was just right and the cheese was delicious without being overly greasy or overpowering. They have a cool selection of popcorn tins and can make up a cool gift set. The gal that was working the counter didn't seem to be in a very happy place, but perhaps that's just her personality. Regardless, I'd go back in a heartbeat and get more of that wonderful popcorn, next time I'm in town. Try it!

Visited June 2014

Purcellville, Virginia
“Delicious Popcorn, but $$$$”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

The smell of their popcorn wafting through the air is intoxicating, but the price is really high in my opinion. I had a bag, but would likely avoid it next time.

Visited December 2013
United States
“Monkey Business”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

On a recent girls day out, we "popped" into the Popcorn Monkey for a little something for the trip home. When we first entered, we were a little confused as it is dark and uninviting, but we followed our way through this basement. The woman working that day, one of the owners, seemed happy to see us, and we quickly started discussing all the flavor choices. She spouted off the different prices for this type and that type, and then stood there just looking at us. So we looked around and talked among ourselves about the different flavors, and then she told us we could have a sample! Oh boy! Except the sample was a tiny little cup with three kernels in it that we had to share. Hard to get an idea with a tiny piece. But we purchased some anyhow, mainly because we wanted to support this new business and she was starting to get annoyed with us. So I took my three bags home: movie butter, disco monkey and salt & pepper. They were awful. Not just one but all three. Stale and heavily over flavored, even my teenage boys wouldn't eat it. The salt and pepper tasted nothing like salt and pepper but more like someone had poured powder ranch dressing on it, it was disgusting. What a waste of $19! Cute name but poorly executed product.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank traveldiva4ever
LaMarr M, Owner at Popcorn Monkey, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you for providing feedback on your recent visit to Popcorn Monkey. I sincerely apologize for the challenges and issues you encountered. While a small family owned popcorn shop, we are constantly working towards improving our product and customer satisfaction. Unfortunately, we have to limit our sampling due to the volume of customers we could anticipate at anytime. With so many many flavors, many visitors would like to sample them all in just one visit. We try to attend to all guest as best as possible with limited staffing.

We are challenged with not having natural light, but as time goes on, we will seek energy efficient lighting in our cozy little cave. As a new start-up, we have to be mindful of budget so we can grow our company.

Please know that I have shared your feedback with our family and staff. Thank you again for your comments.
Cape Town Central, South Africa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a great find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

My colleagues and I stumbled upon this and we were so happy we went in. The owner is so passionate about his product and it there are do many awesome flavours to choose from. Try the lemon or dill flavoured pop corn so good.

Fairfax, Virginia
“Great little hidden gem....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Watch for the great popcorn monkey signs.....it can be a tricky treasure hunt but well worth the effort. Once you get there have them tell you the new popcorn flavors they have designed and ask for samples!! They are all good but I'm sure you'll find one that is your favorite. Friendly service and great spot, high recommend to take your family and loved ones!!!

Visited September 2013