“Too expensive for terrible service and so so food”
Review of Fox's Den Tavern - CLOSED

Fox's Den Tavern
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2014

The service was slower than I have ever seen at a restaurant anywhere. Over an hour before we got bread and another 20 min to get appetizers. The waiter then came out to tell us the trout ordered by one of our party was bad so he recommended the we order something else. None if the food came out at the same time which is awkward. Overall a bad experience.

3  Thank Paula H
There are newer reviews for Fox's Den Tavern

Reviewed February 7, 2014

In all honesty, we didn't eat here. We came in on a Friday afternoon to make a dinner reservation for that night. The person at the desk never bothered to look at us or acknowledge us. He just kept counting and sorting some paper strips on his table. We asked about a reservation and he sharply, and rather rudely asked "How many? What time?" and finally just waved us away and said, "just show up." No thanks. We also read several other reviews that remarked on general rudeness among the staff and ate at the Red Fox Inn and Tavern instead, which was a superb restaurant.

3  Thank Allen W
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Stopped into the Fox's Den Tavern with my wife without reservations on a Friday night and were seated in the bar area. Very eclectic and warm environment. The hostess, Erin, was very pleasant and hospitable. Having recently hired a new chef, we didn't know what to expect from the menu, but we were VERY pleased with the selections available. My wife had the mushroom risotto and I had the trout. Both were exceptional. The evening was topped off by...believe it or not...a real red fox sitting outside the front door. Wonderful evening.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I have stoppped going to this restaurant - the service is probably the worst around. The food used to be ok and still is "ok". The worst part however is the bad attitude of the staff. My wife and 6 of her friends went there last night and I picked them up afterwards. We live in the village Middleburg and frequent most of the resaurants and this one has the WORST service. Every one of the ladies commented at different times how bad it was. They make you feel as if you should not be going there to eat - well they have succeeded. They waited approx 10 minutes before seeing any waiter and the food as usual was mediocre at best.

I can say that if asked about a place to eat it will not be here

3  Thank 316Henry
Reviewed December 19, 2013

We stopped to have a glass of wine on Sunday late afternoon. Sat on a loveseat/couch and you had to sit at the front of it if desiring to reach the small table, so a bit awkward. We came in and sat down, and it was around 10 minutes before someone came over. Interesting the wine list did not have any Virginia wines as this is VA wine area. There were no holiday decorations either (we were there Dec 15). We ordered our wine, drank it, received the check promptly when asked, and left. Probably won't be back. It was just to lackluster. I would like to try the restaurant sometime as I have heard good things.

1  Thank findwine