“Best Spot for the Late Night Fox”
Review of Fox's Den Tavern - CLOSED

Fox's Den Tavern
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Have never had the opportunity to actually eat at the Fox's Den, but this is the, THE PLACE to go if you are up late and not ready for the party to end. I ADORE this place and the eclectic, comfy couches and high-back chairs are wonderful to curl up in through the wee hours. No food after 11pm, but this is one of the coolest spaces ever---I wish we had a late night Fox's Den her in Washington, DC. One day/night, I hope to actually eat there.

There are newer reviews for Fox's Den Tavern

Reviewed May 10, 2013

The Foxs Den was absolutely wonderful when it first opened. Actually amazing. But it has slid to ok. The chef still performs but the service is haphazard. One of the other reviews said good service was for the locals, but being local, I don't get it either. Oh well.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is the second time we have eaten here. First time the food and service was above average. This time was very dissappointing. Food was not prepared as requested. 16oz steak was half grizzle ond fat. Service was covered by only one person. Tried to do it all but there was too much! I wont be going again

Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Passing through Middleburg. Nice quaint town. Lots of interesting shops and restaurants. The Foxs Den however might be your second choice to eat. We stopped by. The entrance was confusing. We walked into what looked like a store room before entering a small dark alcove and Resturant. My wife and I ordered a lobster, Brie, bacon sandwich. Let me say that was very good. However we tried the truffle parmesan fries. Cold, oily very oily and flavorless. Didn't want to waste the calories. We ask the waitress (who was very attentive) about them. She didn't have a clue. She did bring out another plate that looked entirely different. These where hot, fresh with evidence of Parmesan cheese on the fries. These where much better, but unfortunately the dye was cast

Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

When this restaurant first opened it was decorated very nicely. As time has gone on, the inside is very dirty, dusty and run down . Pictures crooked on walls, even a cinderblock propping up a sofa leg. There is a table in the dining room with a leak that has never been fixed. If they don't care enough to keep the restaurant clean and up to date, I don't even want to see the kitchen...

The truffle fries keep up going back but our last visit the place was so run down I doubt we will return anytime soon. This place has a lot of potential and has become a hang out of town locals which may distract the owner from paying attention to the details .