“Good food & outdoor seating” 4 of 5 bubbles

Red Horse Tavern
Ranked #9 of 21 Restaurants in Middleburg
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Winchester, Virginia
“Good food & outdoor seating”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

We tried this place on Sunday. Most restaurants in the area close around 3 pm on Sunday, but this place was open. We really liked the food. I had a chicken panini with fries, which I thought was delicious. Their fry portion is very small, though. We really enjoyed eating outside. They are also pet friendly on the patio, which is a plus for us. We'll definitely be going back!

San Antonio, Texas
“great quick lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

We grabbed a quick lunch here and at outside on the deck. Great beer selection, but I didn't care for the wine they served. Very dog friendly and good service.

Visited April 2014
Cabarete, Dominican Republic
“Could be much better”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

I stopped for lunch at the Red Horse Tavern recently for lunch with my parents. We sat outdoors to enjoy the nice weather, and ordered a bruschetta as appetizer to share, as well as a wrap, a quesadilla and pasta, coffee and dessert for one. Check with taxes before tips $60.

Food was mediocre. My quesadilla with beef made with low quality cheese and the meat totally bland (it felt as if it had been boiled instead of grilled). Service was extremely slow, having to ask for a menu three times before getting one, and waiting for a long time for our food. The place wasn't full and there were at least three or four servers outside. Busboys were clueless delivering plates to the wrong tables.

A real shame because it's a nice spot to stop and eat outdoors in MIddleburg.

• Visited April 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Expat-in-Cabarete
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Pickles and chips for the win”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

My gf and I czar out from DC for a quick dinner. We found this tavern to be just what we were looking for. I like a tavern style and they hit it not be head. They know who they are and they don't pretend they are something else. I some of the best apps I've ever had from fried pickles to potato nachos both are must try. Once your stomach is full grab a few of their many local brews and sit back and enjoy the live music. Brendan was our waiter and did a fine job.

Mount Laurel, New Jersey
“Evening Snack”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Nice neighborhood bar. Wings and quesadillas were nicely prepared. Good beer selection and friendly bar tender.

Visited February 2014