“Very special brunch on Sunday”

Goodstone Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Goodstone Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 26 Restaurants in Middleburg
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Foxcroft Road
Description: The award-winning Goodstone Inn & Restaurant features a refined approach to French Country cuisine keeping to traditional and classical techniques. Goodstone excels at creating seasonally influenced cuisine. Drawing inspiration and purpose from the 265-acre estate of rolling hills and farmland, Goodstone provides guests with an unparalleled farm-to-table dining experience, featuring the very finest and freshest of ingredients from the gardens at Goodstone and other local farms. Our wine cellar offers an expansive selection of wines from Virginia’s wine country and around the world. Enjoy elegant ambiance under the trees while dining in the new Conservatory dining room.
Reviewed August 6, 2014

My husband and I took my cousin and sister to The Goodstone for Sunday brunch. We ordered various different items and loved everything. I took a risk and ordered scrambled eggs with a filet. At most restaurants, scrambled eggs are usually hard and overcooked. These tasted like velvet. Absolutely delicious. And the filet was a tasty, tender piece of meat. My husband ordered eggs over medium with a filet. One ordered eggs Benedict and another the omelet. They all thought their dishes were excellent. We loved the surroundings. Beautiful scenery. Peaceful ambience. Service was warm and friendly. Can't wait to return.

Jenna W, Guest Relations Manager at Goodstone Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Dear Diane M,

Thank you for your review. We are always delighted to read such positive feedback and will share it with the team, your comments are motivating! We look forward to having you return and thank you for sharing your Goodstone experience!

Reviewed August 6, 2014

We ate here for our 20th anniversary. We were staying at Salamander resort and had originally booked dinner at Red fox but decided to eat here. I think the pictures and the reviews of the food sold me and they are very accurate. The restaurant is off the main area of the town. Quite hilly when driving but when we got there it was so picturesque! The view where the pool was amazing and the cottage and the gardens were so beautiful. It was so peacefully, I wished I had looked into this place before we booked our nights at salamander resort.
When we entered the restaurant, there was a cozy area with sofa and fireplace and then a indoor patio overlooking the outdoor patio below. We took the table next to the window and at that time, we were the only ones (6:00). Our waitress went over the menu and explained the full course vs. the a la carte. We chose the a la carte since we had a big lunch. The bread was excellent, my husband's steak was great, my trout was delicious as other reviewers had raved about. The salads were fresh and our lemon souffle was good, too. By 6:30, there were 3 other parties but everything about the place was so beautiful. Felt like I was removed from the states and in another country.
I would highly recommend this place and perhaps check out the inn next time!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I was treated to Sunday brunch at this wonderful inn by my cousin and her husband, who are frequent visitors, and can't wait to go back to stay. The grounds are lovely and the brunch was delicious.

We are so pleased that your cousin and her husband introduced you to Goodstone! We look forward to having you return to enjoy another brunch!

Reviewed July 28, 2014

The farm-to-table menu, the regular menu and the wine pairings were delicious and well worth exploring. A magical meal that I will remember for a long time.

1  Thank BorneoMel
Jenna W, Guest Relations Manager at Goodstone Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2014

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate you taking the time to complete this review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed the wine pairings and the meal. We are fortunate that we have the garden here and are able to source directly from it, it really is magical!

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Both the food and service was outstanding and appropriate for my friends 60th birthday!! The location is unique and isolated countryside, but it is "out-of the way" with the ten mile drive required from "downtown" Middleburg. I may return again for another special occasion as it was moderately expensive.

Dear DayTriper20165,

Happy 60th birthday! Thank you for spending it at The Goodstone Inn & Restaurant. Your comments will be shared with our staff. We hope that you do return soon, we would be delighted to have you back for any occasion!

Warmest Regards,