“Best crab cake!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Goodstone Restaurant

Goodstone Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Goodstone Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Middleburg
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Foxcroft Road
Description: Extremely Fresh, Approachable and Refined Drawing both inspiration and purpose from its location on farmland in Middleburg, VA, the restaurant at Goodstone Inn & Estate seeks to provide its guests with an unparalleled dining experience. The quality of produce, both cultivated and foraged, found outside the back door of the kitchen provides Chef Tarver King and his team with pristine ingredients that make up a meal representative of this place in every moment of each season.
Gainesville, Virginia
“Best crab cake!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

My husband selected this restaurant to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary. The dining room is small, maybe 10 tables, so you will need to make a reservation. And make sure you use your GPS to get there - it's quite in the middle of nowhere (which was part of the appeal!). The service was outstanding, and the food was excellent. As you can probably guess by the title of my review, I had the crab cake. Yes, it is expensive, probably the most expensive thing on the menu. It's worth it! It was packed with crab, and large. I took half of it home for lunch the next day.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Elizabethtown, Pennsylvania
“Gorgeous views!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My daughter,her friend and I stayed at the Goodstone Inn on our trip to Middleburg for the International Goldcup in October. Even the drive there was absolutely lovely as we drove past the beautiful farms along the peaceful country road. Arriving at Goodstone after dark, we were immediately made to feel welcome by the friendly staff. We were escorted to the bull barn, A quaint cottage with a rustic feel and all the upgraded amenities. The fire glowed as we entered the lounge for dinner. The lobster bisque soup was superb and the waiter was very friendly. We awakened to gorgeous views and sheep in the meadow by our cottage the girls absolutely loved! We walked in the lane to enjoy a fabulous breakfast with the same friendly service we had the night before. After breakfast we hiked the walking trail around the farm that took us past the creek, through the meadows, and offered more gorgeous views of the farms and fall foliage at its peak. This place made our trip! I cannot wait to introduce it to my parents! Perfect place for a peaceful getaway. The town of Middleburg is also a quaint place to visit with lovely shops. We especially enjoyed the olio tasting room.

Visited October 2012
Columbia, Maryland
“Excellent food and Ambiance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

After a beautiful drive to the restaurant / inn, we had a great dinner. The setting just outside of Middleburg is really nice, and the food was wonderful. My wife and I had a very romantic dinner!

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
Delray Beach, Florida
“Dining delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

Everday the highlight was in deciding what to order from the menu. I don't think we missed one meal in the Goodstone dining room.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Manuchehr S
Worldwide Traveler
“Horrible Food and Poor Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We stayed at the Inn on Sept 5 & 6 to celebrate my husband's biirthday. When we checked in, we were told that breakfast was served between 8 & 10 (with a sharp cutoff). We arrived at 8 and were told that the chef was not yet ready. After waiting around 10 minutes we were seated and ordered Eggs Benedict and Fluffy Pancakes.

The Fluffy Pancakes arrived burnt and filled with blueberries, bacon cold; the Eggs Benedict was served on mushy (drenched in water) english muffins and cold potatoes. The server never came back to ask how the food was. But when she came to clear my plate, I told her that the muffins were mushy, she stated "I'll tell the chef". Never was I asked if the muffin could be replaced with another or even a piece of toast.

We were planning on having my husband's b-day dinner at the Inn that night, but decided against it. If this 5-star renowned chef could not handle breakfast, we questioned his ability to prepare a decent meal.

Save your money and try a different restaurant!

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank adventuregirl62
Debbie C, Guest Relations Manager at Goodstone Restaurant, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
We are sorry to read about your unsatisfactory breakfast experience at our Inn. Apparently, we dropped the ball and we apologize.

We do wish that you had tried our restaurant for dinner. As you may know, we are currently rated Number One on Open Table in the entire Washington D.C. area in several categories, including Best Overall and Best Food. We hope you will forgive us and try again.

Mark Betts,