The Red Fox Inn & Tavern - Inn
Salamander Resort & Spa(Middleburg)
$485
$470
$335
$80
Comfort Suites Leesburg(Leesburg)(Great Value!)
$151
ComfortSuites
$116
Aloft.com
$129
$116
Hampton.com
$89
Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North(Ashburn)(Great Value!)
$129
$136
$127
$138
$124
All reviewspeanut soupmain buildingwashington roombridal suitebelmont suitegardener's cottagestep stoolupdated bathroomhomemade cookieseggs benedictbottled waterhorse showmodern amenitieslovely roomtop floorfour poster bedincluded breakfast
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We had a fantastic time staying at the Inn and eating dinner in the tavern. When we checked in, they upgraded us to a suite without us asking (which was nice because apparently the room we actually booked doesn't have its own bathroom!). Anyway, the staff couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful. The suite was clean with very modern conveniences given the age of the Inn. Dinner at the Tavern was perfect and delicious (sear scallops and veal piccata). Breakfast was great too. I would recommend both the Inn and the Tavern highly.

One gripe - the online reservation system should better describe the amenities within each room. We're not experienced bed-and-breakfasters so I guess I'll have to call to verify next time.

Room Tip: Call to verify the amenities within a given room - shared bathroom? Full size bed, queen size, etc. The website is unclear.
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stayed in the Martha Washington room in the Red Fox building and I could not have asked for better! The room was very quaint with old photos of George and Martha Washington hung on the walls, a very spacious four poster canopy king bed with a comfy duvet. The bathroom was stocked with everything I could have possibly needed, from shampoo to makeup remover pads, and numerous towels. The front desk and night watchman were very welcoming and seemed happy to help in any way they could. I also joined them for brunch in their tavern, and I ended up ordering all three courses from their menu, because the food was just absolutely spectacular! If I could give the Red Fox Inn & Tavern 10 stars I would! I will be recommending to all my friends for sure!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We had a fabulous time. We stayed at the Martha Washington room: overlooks the street but it is very quiet. Breakfast is good and healthy, especially after our early morning walk through town. Service is excellent. We had dinner at the tavern the first night: delicious food using local produce, and very romantic atmosphere. The place transports you back in time with its typical "country inn" atmosphere. It is full of history: from a Civil War hospital and headquarters, to hosting Jackie Kennedy every time she attended the fox chases.

Room Tip: We had a corner room overlooking the street. Was worked at the beginning but loved it. Very quiet. It is a country Inn. Antiques in the room, comfortable beds and small bathrooms. Internet and TV in the room. Do expect charm and comfort, but not luxury.
Reviewed August 13, 2012

The bedroom was lovely with a canopy bed and white duvet cover and bedding in a quiet, private entrance room in the Stray Fox. The bathroom was fitted with plenty of nice towels and toiletries, and robes were provided. A full breakfast was included. We have stayed here a number of times and always pleased. The bedroom and bath both were spotlessly clean.

Room Tip: Stray Fox rooms are very private.
Reviewed August 7, 2012

What a wonderful slice of classic VIrginia hospitality. Charming and helpful staff, sweet surroundings--loved the boxwoods, the flowering shrubs, the four poster canopied bed. While the weekend in Middleburg was busy--it was Sidewalk Sale weekend, the Red Fox was quiet and civilized.

Room Tip: I stayed in #28, a corner room in the Stray Fox building and it was private, quiet and perfectly sunny in the morning.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo