The Red Fox Inn & Tavern - Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Salamander Resort & Spa(Middleburg)
$450
$89
Hampton.com
$89
Hotwire.com
Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North(Ashburn)(Great Value!)
$116
GardenInn.com
$125
$118
Hampton Inn and Suites Leesburg(Leesburg)(Great Value!)
$142
$144
Homewood
All reviewspeanut soupmain buildingwashington roombridal suitebelmont suitegardener's cottagestep stoolupdated bathroomhomemade cookieseggs benedictbottled waterhorse showmodern amenitieslovely roomtop floorfour poster bedincluded breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I spent two nights at this historic little inn and thoroughly enjoyed it. I had a suite that felt more like a tiny apartment with a hallway connecting a separate sitting room, a bedroom with fireplace and a nice sized, updated bathroom. The staff is very attentive and the dining room serves wonderful food. I had dinner there once and breakfast twice. Everything I ordered was superb. The surrounding streets ooze with historic charm, so it's a nice location for an evening stroll or morning walk.

Room Tip: The website has photos of each room. Very helpful.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Wendy v
Reviewed March 4, 2012

I stayed with my children at the inn recently - and we had a great time. They really appreciated the history and we found the evening and morning innkeepers very hospitable. We also loved the big hearty breakfasts that were included with the room price (and they honored this even though we'd "bought" our room through a school auction).

We stayed on the top floor of the main hotel and the room exceeded our expectation (the Skinner room). It was 2 separate rooms with a very comfortable Q bed in one room and a fold out one person sofa bed in the other room which was pretty comfortable too. Rooms and bath were VERY clean and the oatmeal cookies were a nice touch. a TV in each room and room is more historic looking than it appears on the website.

It is a historic hotel so we had to walk up to the 4th floor but the view was great. And room was quiet, even tho it was facing the street. Our only minor complaint is that the room was warm but with windows open it was ok.
Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I don't expect much, just a fair price for what I get. The Inn was nice, it was overpriced, wasn't the most comfortable place to stay, had a decent restaurant (breakfast was included in the price of the stay but the menu was limited to 3 items, the bed wasn't all that comfortable and the web site didn't point out that the room I selected on line was the ONLY room of 16 that didn't have a private bathroom (it was down the hall). It wasn't bad, it just wasn't worth the $187/night we paid for it.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the jefferson davis room if youw ant a private bathroom.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Westtenn03
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I booked the Jefferson room for an overnight stay on a Sunday. I called the inn to confirm my reservation and to ask if I could stop by early before check-in to drop off a few things. I first spoke with Abby, who was cheerful, and more than willing to help me plan this birthday surprise for my boyfriend. When I stopped by on early Sunday, I spoke with Matilda, who let me drop in the room to drop off gifts, champagne and balloons. Later, my boyfriend and I returned, and Matilda gave us our room key and said with a smile, "Enjoy your room. We've upgraded it, free of charge!" We entered the room, which turned out to be one of the suites, and it was beautiful. The housekeeper moved all of the gifts and balloons to the new room and set it up as I'd arranged it earlier. I was so thrilled!

In our room, we found champagne glasses, a second smaller bottle of champagne, and fresh oatmeal cookies at our bedside. The suite was large, on the third floor, and offered a lovely view of the main street of Middleburg below. The bed was soft and lush, with fluffy pillows. Even though fall is moving in, we didn't feel chilly or too hot in our room; the temperature was perfect. The Skinner Suite had a bathroom, bedroom, and a separate sitting room with an additional TV and a sleeper sofa.

For breakfast, we enjoyed a lovely meal in the dining room downstairs. (We ate dinner at the inn the night before, and it was delicious!) We expected a light breakfast, but the menu options boasted an omelet, a two-egg dish with bacon or sausage and toast, or eggs benedict. I enjoyed a HUGE omelet and a delicious pot of tea for breakfast; my boyfriend had the two-egg breakfast with perfectly crispy bacon and fresh orange juice.

If you're looking for a quiet, romantic, and friendly bed and breakfast, don't skip the The Red Fox Inn! From booking to checkout, the staff of the inn were helpful, friendly, and more than willing to go out of their way to ensure that my boyfriend had an enjoyable birthday weekend. I am looking forward to our next stay!

Room Tip: Watch for low ceilings :)
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wdgray85
Reviewed September 4, 2011

RETURN VISIT. Chose Stray Fox for privacy last time, this stay was top floor main building. Restaurant, both breakfast and dinner superb and memorable. Karen at front desk is fantastically helpful and gracious. Great location for experiencing Middleburg, The Plains, Upperville and outlying areas because of location on US-50. Steeped in local history and tradition.

Room Tip: Top floor room 19 was less expensive, but beware the limited headroom!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple