My boyfriend booked the Goodstone Inn for my birthday. It was a wonderful experience. We had a private room, with a balcony! Upon arriving I was shuttled off to get a massage in the quaint little changing rooms at the pool.
My boyfriend mentioned to the staff that I really liked pumpkin pie ice cream and he was just expecting them to give us directions into town, but they said that the chef had an ice cream maker and he would make it for me.
We rested in our lovely room, with a HUGE bathtub and steam shower, and then went to dinner. The staff gave us privacy yet made sure all of our needs were met. We did not like one of the dishes the chef prepared, but didn't want to send it back.. the waitress could tell and and offered to get us something else. We refused, but the chef still made us another dish of Salmon Cheeks, which were absolultely wonderful.
I had rose petals and champagne waiting on our bed when we returned from a wonderful dinner at the Inn's resturant. I got three scoops of ice cream on a lovely plate that said Happy Birthday written all in chocolate!
We woke up in the morning to a pot of coffee in front of our door and some sweet breads. We got up, and dressed and went off to the Inn's resturant for a lovely breakfast. My boyfriend like the breakfast so much he asked for seconds and they brought it to him, all included in the price of the stay. I really had a wonderful time and the staff was wonderful.
Oh, and we even got to see all the other houses because they are all available to preview if the house is not occupied. Oh, and while we were riding bikes while a fox hunt went through the property. I would love to have our wedding there!
Oh, and the middleburg area was beautiful as well. We had a lovely lunch at the Fox Tavern, although I have to say our Sunday service was much better than our Monday service. Food was great though! I also got some neat gifts at Waggs and Wiggles!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Goodstone Inn & Restaurant in Middleburg, Virginia, is a luxurious country inn and French restaurant in the heart of Virginia's wine and horse country. Drawing inspiration and purpose from its location on 265 acres of rolling hills and farmland, the Restaurant at Goodstone provides its guests with an unparalleled farm-to-table dining experience. The luxury country inn offers 18 elegantly decorated guest rooms and suites in six distinctive dwellings, including the Carriage House (main building), Dutch Cottage, French Farm Cottage, Spring House, Manor House and Bull Barn Cottage. Other amenities include Goodstone's country spa, wine cellar dining room, horse-themed Carriage House bar, exquisite heated pool set beneath the Wisteria-covered facade of the Old Mansion, and working farm. Goodstone Inn & Restaurant offers the charming ambiance of an 18th century country estate with the convenience, luxury and service expected by 21st century guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Goodstone Inn & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goodstone Inn & Restaurant Hotel Middleburg
- Goodstone Inn And Restaurant