We stayed here this past August and booked the Ambassador room which was cozy with a nice bed and a large bathroom. The room is located in the top floor of the Spring House. If I did it again, I might splurge for the for a larger room, but I kind of felt I was splurging anyway at $385 a night. Also, you are pretty far from the main house (Carriage House) which houses reception, lounge and restaurant. The pool is nearby the main house too. You can definitely walk but it's a tad far. We booked a dinner reservation for 8pm. They were out of couple of things on the menu already and attributed to a busier than expected first seating. We had a pre-fixe 4 course meal that was excellent, slow service seems intended so relax and enjoy. I was bit dismayed upon my discovery that a package deal which included a 4 course meal would have been the way to go but my bad for not investigating thoroughly. So definitely check their website for deals. The grounds are lovely and made a great trek that will take you over an hour walking a decent pace. There are streams, cows, ponds, even a friendly poodle who hung with us until some joggers came by, just really lovely and pastoral. It's definitely a special place that almost feels out of a novel or something. The staff is excellent and gave us a full list of recommendation for touring wineries in the area. Linda was really sweet and even prepared a little gift bag for our drive home. All in all I can't help but expect a little more on the accommodations front for the money paid but the staff and surroundings almost made up for it. I don't tend to spend more than $350 for hotel rooms anywhere, so it's mental thing with me, I expected to be blown away. PS- Breakfast is included and it's pretty awesome.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Goodstone Inn & Restaurant in Middleburg, Virginia, is a luxurious country inn and French restaurant in the heart of Virginia's wine and horse country. Drawing inspiration and purpose from its location on 265 acres of rolling hills and farmland, the Restaurant at Goodstone provides its guests with an unparalleled farm-to-table dining experience. The luxury country inn offers 18 elegantly decorated guest rooms and suites in six distinctive dwellings, including the Carriage House (main building), Dutch Cottage, French Farm Cottage, Spring House, Manor House and Bull Barn Cottage. Other amenities include Goodstone's country spa, wine cellar dining room, horse-themed Carriage House bar, exquisite heated pool set beneath the Wisteria-covered facade of the Old Mansion, and working farm. Goodstone Inn & Restaurant offers the charming ambiance of an 18th century country estate with the convenience, luxury and service expected by 21st century guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Goodstone Inn & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goodstone Inn And Restaurant
- Goodstone Inn & Restaurant Hotel Middleburg