We stayed at the Goodstone in the Hayloft room for 3 nights and although the overall experience was a pleasureable one, there were definitely some things that I didnt expect to encounter with a property such as this. The grounds are completely beautiful. The pool and pool area, gardens and rest of the grounds were well taken care of and the other outdoor ammenties (hammock and swing) were in great condition. Upon our arrival, our experince began with a lovely lunch in the dining room, while we waited for our room to be ready. We had arrived an hour earlier than planned and were happy that the management were accomodating & allowed us to check in at 2pm instead of the 3pm. Our room above the restaurant was small but closets & drawer spaces were abundant. We were able to completely unpack and store our suitcases in the closets, which typically doesnt happen in most hotel rooms. The private deck that we had was fabulous and had a wonderful view, but the only drawback was that since the cushions are left outside 24/7, they were constantly wet and dirty. It would be a good idea for the inn to store the cushions in one of the closets in the room and allow guests to take out when using. This would not only preserve the lives of the cushions but would also make the entire experience more enjoyable. As it was, we only sat at the table and couldnt utilize the rest of the loungers. People have mentioned that the main house can be noisy but we never heard a sound in our room. The bathroom was spacious with a separate shower and toilet to the main area. The biggest disappointment with the room was the AC, or lack of it. It seems that there is AC as we found floor vents but evidentially it's not working well up there which is why there are two window AC units, one in the bedroom and one in the bathroom. The room was always cool but it a clammy cool & always felt humid. While I was happy to see 2 towel rods in the bathroom, the towels never dried due to the constant humidity in the room so we ended up having to request new ones each day. Then, one night we opted for no turn down service and had left lights on but hadn't drawn the drapes or blinds as we headed out for dinner in Leesburg. When we returned around 10:30pm, there were about 20 flying ants in the bathroom - it was awful. I went downstairs to try to locate some bug spray but was told that guest services had already left. The kitchen manager looked around but couldnt locate any. The are many reviews that indicate that bugs (ants, spiders and stink bugs) are an issue at the Goodstone and while I do realize that the property is in the countryside, I would have expected them to be better prepared. Perhaps a can of bug spray in each room would be a good idea? I also agree with some of the comments regarding the need for updates in the rooms. While I cant speak for the other rooms, the Hayloft, while very charming, needed a little TLC. The chair & ottoman fabric were really worn and in need of a facelift. Bed linens were very basic and not what I would expect for an inn of this calibre. For a nighly rate of $450 before tax, I expected a little more. Breakfast was always delicious with freshly squeezed orange juice, fresh farm eggs that were fabulous and home-made croissants & preserves. From a service perspective, while the staff seemed to be genuinely friendly, on Saturday and Sunday when there were more guests dining, they could have used more servers. Would we go back to the Goodstone? Absolutely...but I'd try another room, one with central AC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Goodstone Inn & Restaurant in Middleburg, Virginia, is a luxurious country inn and French restaurant in the heart of Virginia's wine and horse country. Drawing inspiration and purpose from its location on 265 acres of rolling hills and farmland, the Restaurant at Goodstone provides its guests with an unparalleled farm-to-table dining experience. The luxury country inn offers 18 elegantly decorated guest rooms and suites in six distinctive dwellings, including the Carriage House (main building), Dutch Cottage, French Farm Cottage, Spring House, Manor House and Bull Barn Cottage. Other amenities include Goodstone's country spa, wine cellar dining room, horse-themed Carriage House bar, exquisite heated pool set beneath the Wisteria-covered facade of the Old Mansion, and working farm. Goodstone Inn & Restaurant offers the charming ambiance of an 18th century country estate with the convenience, luxury and service expected by 21st century guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Orbitz so you can book your Goodstone Inn & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goodstone Inn & Restaurant Hotel Middleburg
- Goodstone Inn And Restaurant