We stayed for 3 nights in the beautifully appointed Mare Suite located in the Carriage House. I had read some reviews to not stay in the Carriage House due to noisy guests coming and going from the restaurant area. We didn't find noise levels to be any problem. I highly recommend finding the guest directory/information book as it outlines many different activities at the Inn and the surrounding areas. Of course, every single host/hostess we spoke with were equally as helpful and genuinely seemed to want one's stay to be perfect. We almost missed the fact that tea and scones were served in the afternoon but the hostess asked if we would like some since we missed tea time.
The room was very comfortable and the walk to the pool area short. The pool is set in such a relaxing and inviting area. The dressing/toilet area had a shower stall, toilet, pool towels, a small fridge with waters, shampoo/soaps and was immaculate.
We didn't explore the walking trails around the property but did go visit the small groupings of animals. I understand the 600 pound rescue pig, Oliver, gets walked by the caretaker!
Breakfast is included using the farm fresh eggs from their own hens. The homemade croissants were buttery and paired with jelly made on site-a culinary treat! Of course there are items like oatmeal, homemade granola and yogurt as additional choices.
We had dinner one evening and decided to go with the prix fixe menu. It was a lot of food but every course delicious. I had the Sea Bass entree and my husband the rack of lamb. Both were very delicious. Chocolate souffles seemed to popular with the diners. We opted for a creme brulee and some sort of chocolate mousse cake with raspberry sauce (the better of the 2 desserts by far). So, now back to the diet!
Overall, we found this inn so relaxing and the hospitality was out of this world.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Goodstone Inn & Restaurant in Middleburg, Virginia, is a luxurious country inn and French restaurant in the heart of Virginia's wine and horse country. Drawing inspiration and purpose from its location on 265 acres of rolling hills and farmland, the Restaurant at Goodstone provides its guests with an unparalleled farm-to-table dining experience. The luxury country inn offers 18 elegantly decorated guest rooms and suites in six distinctive dwellings, including the Carriage House (main building), Dutch Cottage, French Farm Cottage, Spring House, Manor House and Bull Barn Cottage. Other amenities include Goodstone's country spa, wine cellar dining room, horse-themed Carriage House bar, exquisite heated pool set beneath the Wisteria-covered facade of the Old Mansion, and working farm. Goodstone Inn & Restaurant offers the charming ambiance of an 18th century country estate with the convenience, luxury and service expected by 21st century guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Goodstone Inn & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goodstone Inn & Restaurant Hotel Middleburg
- Goodstone Inn And Restaurant