We just returned from a fantastic weekend at the Goodstone Inn. Everything about the experience was terrific – our accommodations, the grounds, the food and drink, and the staff. We had a delicious lunch and relaxing afternoon by the pool the day we arrived. It helped that the weather was perfect. The pool is adjacent to the ruins of the original manor house, which burned down in the 1930s. The front wall of the house is still standing and covered with ivy. To enter the pool area, you walk through what presumably was the front door of the house (there's an iron gate now). It’s very unique and very cool. There is a large pergola with flowering vines and huge old oaks that provide great shade. There’s also a sunny area around the pool for those who want to sunbathe. The pool sits on top of a hill, providing beautiful views of the surrounding countryside. It’s a great spot. We stayed in the Bull Barn, which exceeded our expectations in every regard. The rooms are big and bright with high ceilings, and every window offers views of the surrounding pastures. It’s rustic elegance at its best. The barn is off by itself -- very quiet and private. It even comes with a resident llama. We loved it. Dinner at the Carriage House was delightful and delicious, and breakfast was excellent too. Both were memorable meals. The staff was super nice, very helpful and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. We had a great time and hope to return soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Goodstone Inn & Restaurant in Middleburg, Virginia, is a luxurious country inn and French restaurant in the heart of Virginia's wine and horse country. Drawing inspiration and purpose from its location on 265 acres of rolling hills and farmland, the Restaurant at Goodstone provides its guests with an unparalleled farm-to-table dining experience. The luxury country inn offers 18 elegantly decorated guest rooms and suites in six distinctive dwellings, including the Carriage House (main building), Dutch Cottage, French Farm Cottage, Spring House, Manor House and Bull Barn Cottage. Other amenities include Goodstone's country spa, wine cellar dining room, horse-themed Carriage House bar, exquisite heated pool set beneath the Wisteria-covered facade of the Old Mansion, and working farm. Goodstone Inn & Restaurant offers the charming ambiance of an 18th century country estate with the convenience, luxury and service expected by 21st century guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Goodstone Inn & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goodstone Inn & Restaurant Hotel Middleburg
- Goodstone Inn And Restaurant