Me and my wife just concluded a really nice weekend in Middleburg where we stayed at the Goodstone. We booked a 2 night stay on their "Suite Escape" package about a month ago. We stayed in the Hayloft suite, which is the room directly above the main cottage area, bar and dining room.
The room was truly wonderful. Probably the best part about the Hayloft suite is that you have your own private deck that looks out across the rolling hills of the property. On Saturday morning, it was warm enough for us to enjoy some coffee outside while we read the paper. Inside the room, the bed was nice and the bathroom was enormous. My wife even took a bubble bath on Saturday afternoon. I was a bit worried when booking that being above the restaurant would be noisy in the evenings. It was not. Each night we were in bed by 10pm and we were never interrupted by noise from downstairs.
The staff is especially kind at Goodstone. Austin was the gentleman who checked us in, and he was kind and very obliging. Freddie worked the bar both nights and he was tremendously warm and kind to both of us. We truly enjoyed meeting him and speaking with him.
We had breakfast there each morning. Each time the food was fantastic. I had the omelette du jour both mornings and it was perfectly made each time. The croissants are downright indulgent and amazing, but this morning they ran out and we got the last one! So I recommend getting to the breakfast on the early side to ensure you are able to have your fill of these amazing croissants.
In the evenings, we had dinner in town on Friday night at a relatively pedestrian and not overwhelming French restaurant. On Saturday night, we did stay and eat at the Goodstone. It was good. We were not blown away by the food and based on our experience at breakfast that morning, we expected a bit more. But I don't want to discourage anyone from trying the dining room here for dinner. I misfired on my entree order (went with the duck) and my wife is limited in the foods she can eat b/c she is pregnant (she had the mushroom risotto, no cheese).
We each had soups and those were absolutely phenomenal and well done (an asparagus soup and I had the french onion soup). Dessert was terrific too. More than anything, I enjoyed the atmosphere in the dining room, the courteous and kind service, and I do recommend having a drink at the bar before you head into dinner. It's such a nice room with the fireplace and everything else. It put us in a really relaxing mood.
We'll definitely head back there in a few years and its nice to know there is a truly perfect getaway that is only 50 miles from DC (where we live).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Goodstone Inn & Restaurant in Middleburg, Virginia, is a luxurious country inn and French restaurant in the heart of Virginia's wine and horse country. Drawing inspiration and purpose from its location on 265 acres of rolling hills and farmland, the Restaurant at Goodstone provides its guests with an unparalleled farm-to-table dining experience. The luxury country inn offers 18 elegantly decorated guest rooms and suites in six distinctive dwellings, including the Carriage House (main building), Dutch Cottage, French Farm Cottage, Spring House, Manor House and Bull Barn Cottage. Other amenities include Goodstone's country spa, wine cellar dining room, horse-themed Carriage House bar, exquisite heated pool set beneath the Wisteria-covered facade of the Old Mansion, and working farm. Goodstone Inn & Restaurant offers the charming ambiance of an 18th century country estate with the convenience, luxury and service expected by 21st century guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Goodstone Inn & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goodstone Inn & Restaurant Hotel Middleburg
- Goodstone Inn And Restaurant