We just spent the weekend at Goodstone Inn. We stayed in the Manor House, which was lovely and perfect. Unlike other Goodstone options, this house is some distance from the main house and restaurant, but the opportunity to walk for 20-30 minutes across their property prior to dining is part of the reason we escaped to the country. And to boot, the Manor House is on a hill overlooking the others and fields.
The only constructive criticism I have is that Goodstone still has some room to improve vis-a-vis hospitality. Unlike some nearby inns, e.g. Ashby or Clifden, it lacks a central innkeeper type with truly gracious country manners. So, for example, at my 50th birthday (with advance notice to them) we were led to an oversized table overlooking the swinging kitchen door, even after waiting past our reservation time for 20 minutes. It was tacky. Likewise, the grand waiting room was lacking a lit fire though the night was cool (a lovely one was waiting for us back at the manor house). Our morning waitress, too, lacked the degree of hospitality one might wish for in a top rated country inn. To be sure, everyone was very nice -- but that special and elegant touch was missing. On food, too, we learned that Goodstone just changed chefs. This made much sense to us because the food was overly sweet and we thought lacked the refinement we expected.
Still, it was lovely and a very nice place to stay. Though not just now five stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Goodstone Inn & Restaurant in Middleburg, Virginia, is a luxurious country inn and French restaurant in the heart of Virginia's wine and horse country. Drawing inspiration and purpose from its location on 265 acres of rolling hills and farmland, the Restaurant at Goodstone provides its guests with an unparalleled farm-to-table dining experience. The luxury country inn offers 18 elegantly decorated guest rooms and suites in six distinctive dwellings, including the Carriage House (main building), Dutch Cottage, French Farm Cottage, Spring House, Manor House and Bull Barn Cottage. Other amenities include Goodstone's country spa, wine cellar dining room, horse-themed Carriage House bar, exquisite heated pool set beneath the Wisteria-covered facade of the Old Mansion, and working farm. Goodstone Inn & Restaurant offers the charming ambiance of an 18th century country estate with the convenience, luxury and service expected by 21st century guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Goodstone Inn & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goodstone Inn And Restaurant
- Goodstone Inn & Restaurant Hotel Middleburg