The Goodstone Inn is a large property with different multi-room houses scattered about. I guess you could rent a room in one of the large houses, but then you would be sharing a living room and kitchen with strangers. We rented the French house with 4 kids for a few nights. This place is heaven and more. The bucolic setting, nature trail, incredible pool (where the ladies from the front office walk over to fill up your lemonade), great hilly roads for jogging, best hot tub jets in recent memory, and unbelievable food all conspire to make this one of the most relaxing places imaginable. The shower in the house was easily the hardest I have ever experienced and I would still be in it if I didn't have to work to be able to pay for such a place. The fridge was stocked with bottled spring waters and sodas, all included with the price of the house. Now the hard part - finding something bad to say: This is being really picky, but the house came with a Keurig coffee maker and plenty of Green Mountain K-cups. For anyone who is a coffee aficionado, Green Mountain is mediocre. So I went to the local grocery and bought some better stuff. The other annoying thing is that on the day of checkout the cleaning services woman (and her son) arrived sometime before the proscribed checkout time, and while we were still enjoying the morning and the house. I asked her to come back later but she left her supplies in the house and sat in her car in the driveway until we departed. I can't imagine the management would have condoned this. Overall, the whole experience was quiet, and peaceful, and amazing, and the management and staff should be commended for doing a really great job.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Goodstone Inn & Restaurant in Middleburg, Virginia, is a luxurious country inn and French restaurant in the heart of Virginia's wine and horse country. Drawing inspiration and purpose from its location on 265 acres of rolling hills and farmland, the Restaurant at Goodstone provides its guests with an unparalleled farm-to-table dining experience. The luxury country inn offers 18 elegantly decorated guest rooms and suites in six distinctive dwellings, including the Carriage House (main building), Dutch Cottage, French Farm Cottage, Spring House, Manor House and Bull Barn Cottage. Other amenities include Goodstone's country spa, wine cellar dining room, horse-themed Carriage House bar, exquisite heated pool set beneath the Wisteria-covered facade of the Old Mansion, and working farm. Goodstone Inn & Restaurant offers the charming ambiance of an 18th century country estate with the convenience, luxury and service expected by 21st century guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Goodstone Inn & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goodstone Inn & Restaurant Hotel Middleburg
- Goodstone Inn And Restaurant