Our two night stay in the French Manor House (cottage) of the Goodstone Inn was more than we ever expected.
Check in during the tea time hours, at the Carriage House (where we also dined) was delightfully pleasant . The scones , candied nuts and tea enjoyed by a roaring fire ,were lovely.
We settled in our quarters, the Angus Room of the Manor Cottage which was meticulously decorated in rich woods and blue toile ,and then lounged in front of a warm fire (place) in the main sitting room, where we shared the half bottle of Rhone wine ( included with our room ). We knew immediately that this was going to be a memorable mini vacation.
Dining at the Inn was a near perfect experience. A beautiful and multi-windowed dining room,with impeccable decor and service, truly southern hospitality, awaited us. Meals were wonderful and creatively prepared with the freshest of ingredients, by their Executive Chef, William Walden. This man is a genius with food , and we had the pleasure of conversing with him during and after each meal. Chef Walden is as delightful as his food, explaining his various recipes and creations from family traditions to Parisian experiences. To mention a few, breakfast included the lightest, mouth watering pancakes, (to die for), freshly made roasted pepper and fancy mushroom omelets: both adorned with fresh assorted berries etc..Chef's grandmother's recipe for homemade sausage was a treat. Dinner was a culinary delight. The roasted quail and vegetables, and the rock fish dishes were perfectly prepared and presented. Both dishes were extremely fresh and juicy. The local rock fish dish had an Asian flare. The Caesar salad ,surrounded with slivers of delicious Parmesan cheese was perfect. The menus included a variety of dishes that are sure to suit everyone. The wine list is eclectic and extensive.
We look forward to a return stay. This is a very fine Inn and dining experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Goodstone Inn & Restaurant in Middleburg, Virginia, is a luxurious country inn and French restaurant in the heart of Virginia's wine and horse country. Drawing inspiration and purpose from its location on 265 acres of rolling hills and farmland, the Restaurant at Goodstone provides its guests with an unparalleled farm-to-table dining experience. The luxury country inn offers 18 elegantly decorated guest rooms and suites in six distinctive dwellings, including the Carriage House (main building), Dutch Cottage, French Farm Cottage, Spring House, Manor House and Bull Barn Cottage. Other amenities include Goodstone's country spa, wine cellar dining room, horse-themed Carriage House bar, exquisite heated pool set beneath the Wisteria-covered facade of the Old Mansion, and working farm. Goodstone Inn & Restaurant offers the charming ambiance of an 18th century country estate with the convenience, luxury and service expected by 21st century guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Goodstone Inn & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goodstone Inn & Restaurant Hotel Middleburg
- Goodstone Inn And Restaurant