“Horrible customer service”

Chrysalis Vineyards
Ranked #5 of 23 things to do in Middleburg
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Went to the Norton and Bluegrass Festival. A band didn't show up (it happens) and Chrysalis never even made an announcement. Left everyone just sitting there in silence until a customer finally hooked up some recorded music. They kept selling tickets and more people came it to no music. Never an explanation or apology, much less a refund. Terrible service. I talked to a group of wine club members who were very angry and embarrassed. By the way, the scenery is outstanding, but the wine is meh. Much better wine in the area.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"buy a bottle"
"great winery"
in 6 reviews
"highly recommend a visit"
"winery experience"
in 15 reviews
"cheese"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed September 14, 2012

One of many of the great vineyards Virginia has to offer. Their Norton and Viognier is worth the trip alone. These grapes do very well here in the Eastern U.S. Staff is friendly and helpful and they have events through the year.

1  Thank novabrew
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was there with few of my friends who have very young kids to celebrate their wedding anniversary. The road there from the main road is through a long dirt road that will leave your car white with dust. The surrounding view is expansive and is probably the only nice thing about it. The place was somewhat empty, but we still had to argue to setup our picknicking under a tent because benches don't have any rain cover and tents are reserved for "tastings" only. Eventually they made us move to a different area with no tents as soon as the weather improved. Not a very relaxing experience, especially when you have children present.
Now a little about their wine. Personally, I think almost all of it is overpriced. All bottles, except one, are $30. I tried three whites and found them to be too "sour" to my taste. I stuck with reds, but me friends seem to enjoy their entire line up. Personally, I think you can get a better deal and experience elsewhere in NoVA. Considering the drive from DC and the above experience I probably will not be making the trip there anymore.

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We went to a wine tasting and the wine was awesome. The person giving us a tour gave us a wealth of information about wine in general. So informative and incredible wine!

2  Thank jwrightCranberryTwp