Welbourne
Salamander Resort & Spa(Middleburg)
$450
$437
$335
Comfort Suites Leesburg(Leesburg)(Great Value!)
$129
ComfortSuites
$71
Aloft.com
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $93/night.

$149
Hampton.com
$89
Red Roof
Hilton Garden Inn Dulles North(Ashburn)(Great Value!)
$89
GardenInn.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $99/night.

$105
Hotels.com
$124
Hampton.com
$139
Homewood
All reviewsscott fitzgeraldcocktail hourbed and breakfastold southfriendly horsesinteresting peopleother gueststhree nightseach morningsherryhostsvirginia
Reviewed May 25, 2014

When I phoned for reservations, Nat told me "Welbourne is a home, not a hotel, so if no one is here, just go into the front hall and there'll be a note on the table telling you where your room is. Cocktails are at 7." Yes, Welbourne is an authentic historic home, and you are a paying guest not a customer. This is the real thing, not Embassy Suites. (Thank heavens) There are many active, frequently soaking wet , but polite dogs , many beautifully proportioned and comfortably furnished rooms, and a powerful atmosphere of past days. The "faded" look is actually honest wear of a home having been lived in for so many years. The thresholds, floors and rugs are worn by time but they are clean. There wasn't the slightest whiff of mold, mildew or mustiness in the house, though it had been a wet Spring. The bathroom fixtures are spotless, linens on the four posters are crisp and smooth, breakfast is true unfaded elegance, and we are supremely grateful to Nat and Sherry and their family for sharing it with us. Cocktails on the porch the first night , and in the living room with a fire on the second were a warm delightful experience, even though I have to admit to being the guest who needed three lap robes to offset the cool evening air ,significantly "lowering the tone" of the gathering. Go to be at home in the Past, preserved by the family that founded the house. I wouldn't change a thing. We want to go back very much.

Room Tip: We saw 4 of the rooms, ours was off the landing at the top of the front stairs, looking into the trees and down on the Garden path. we liked it, Downstairs, one has an outside door to the drive, which wouldn't have felt so cozy to us. You don't need a room key in a home.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Margohon
Reviewed May 9, 2014

My wife and I were looking for a place to go just for a change of pace. I particularly wanted a place filled with history and little connection with what is usually going on in this world of ours. Just outside Middleburg, VA there is just such a place called Welbourn. It takes you back to a much simpler time; no TV, no wi-fi, no traffic, no noise except for the dogs... Nothing but pure relaxation. Nat and Sherry's cocktails on the front porch at seven are complete with spirited conversation regarding all sorts of topics. The house has a wonderful history... If only walls could talk! Breakfast certainly gets your day started in right direction if you're going to be doing any touring in the area. We had a great experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Bill W
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Breakfast was excellent and plenty however the home exterior and interior needs some attention and kept a little cleaner . The furnishings were unique and the host were pleasant. We are not sure how the air operates so you kind of get what you get. The dogs were friendly and not a problem.The grounds could also use some upkeep. Just some information I feel I need to share.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank JBclips
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Nat and Sherry could not have been more welcoming...we booked this last minute, they were so accommodating, the rooms are beautiful, but the company was the highlight...drinks 'til nearly midnight...beautiful breakfast (you'll feel as if you're in Downton Abbey)...the people were really the best though. I got my car stuck and everyone helped, a neighbor was even prepared to come over to help as well...truly lovely and we hope to be back.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank erica l
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Perfect relaxing stay, I say home from home, I only dream of a home like this!! so beautiful, faded elegance as their website explains - it is not 5 star, but a true old home experience. I urge anyone looking for something a little more authentic than the usual B&Bs to try it - you will love it.

Room Tip: Any!! although those with a four poster are AMAZING!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple