“Good food”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Federal Street
Reviewed November 7, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stopped by The French Hound for a late lunch. Both the brunch and regular menus were available. I got the pizza with crumbled blue cheese, apple and bacon, and my husband got the steak and frites. We were both pleased with our choices. His steak came with a delicious and generous pad of herb butter. I put a little on my pizza and it was divine. He thought his steak was high quality and perfectly seasoned. We will definitely be back to this restaurant on our next visit to town.

Reviewed November 5, 2016

A nice place to eat some French inspired cuisine. Their menu might look good, but I mainly went for the special that were available that evening. It all tasted delicious!

Reviewed October 26, 2016

A French style Bistro with great selections and fresh ingredients combined in flavorful ways! My wife had been here before but I had not. Throughly enjoyed lunch. It is a family run restaurant with great ambience (in an old home), with attentive and friendly service.

I had house made, spicy lamb sausage sandwhich which came on grilled crusty bread with a great aioli sauce. My wife had wonderful fried shrimp appetizer and salad made of fresh greens and a delightful dressing.

Wine was also very good-- nice lunch selections

We were both very pleased. Well worth the drive out into the countryside for us! We all be back

Reviewed October 25, 2016

This is a lovely French restaurant in Middleburg. Our group had the marinated skirt steak, the Risotto au Hommard (with lobster) and the salmon for the main course. All were deemed excellent. The special soup was butternut squash soup which arrived at the table with swirls of Crème fraîche on the top - the presentation was beautiful and the soup was delicious. The profiteroles were yummy as was the pecan pie. The cost was mid-range. The service was impecable - Andrea was our waitress who was informative and so personable. One of the owners even stopped by our table to see if we enjoyed the meal. We would consider this the Top Restaurant in Middleburg.

Reviewed October 24, 2016 via mobile

Went with friends night before races. Excellent service in beautiful old house. Good wine list, drink menu. Little disappointed in Caesar salad, but really only thing off.