“Excellent food”

Ranked #27 of 112 Restaurants in Mechanicsville
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food”
Reviewed January 23, 2012

Excellent food and great service portions are huge

“Good food. Absolutely horrible coffee.”
Reviewed October 8, 2011

Typically visit for breakfast. Food is good as is service, but coffee is awful.

Richmond
“Absolutely the worst----will NEVER go back!”
Reviewed August 21, 2011

I got sick from the hamburger I ate at River Bound Cafe and will NEVER go back! Every restaurant has an off night, so when I had a bad stomach ache from the club sandwhich I had at River Bound in March, I thought it was just a bug i has caught. NowI think not and believe it is their food! The next time I went, a month later, the same thing happened but to a stronger degree! River Bound is conveniently located in the Kroger shopping center with the closest competition being a TGI Fridays accross the street. I thought I would support a locally owned business and had heard RB had good daily specials, so I gave them a try. With two bad experiences and both resulting in illness, I won't be back for a third---God knows how sick I could get! The staff is friendly---seem to be mostly local kids, and the place seems fairly busy with families and several patrons at the bar that runs the length of one wall. Prices are reasonable and menu varied, but something they are doing is not up to par and caused me to get sick. Maybe it was the pre-formed forzen burger that had the consistency of oatmeal or maybe it was the room temperature overly greasey fries----I don't know which. Either way, I won't be back regardless of the convenient location. If you want good, clean and wholesome food try the new Farmer Johnson's restaurant at BellCreek which serves organic and local produce and beef! There are not many choices in Mechanicsville, but please don't settle for this place. Drive a bit further out for a decent meal!

• Visited April 2011
2 Thank Va_Traveler_67
North Central Maryland
“Check out the specials”
Reviewed August 23, 2009

Tucked away in a shopping center, well beyond all the chain restaurants that lure hungry travelers off of the interstate, you'll find the River Bound Cafe. Were it not for the positive reviews left by previous diners, we probably would not have found or even thought to go looking for this fine establishment. We visited on a Monday night and found the place to be quite packed. This can probably be attributed to several factors - one being the great food and another being the special that night - $5 burgers. I opted to take advantage of the special and ordered the Fajita Burger. It came well seasoned, cooked to order and alongside a mound of fries that I thought in and of themselves were quite noteworthy. The children's menu offered my son plenty of options all at a reasonable price. My wife ordered a sandwich that was quite tasty as well, but could have been improved were it prepared with real turkey breast and not the inferior lunch meat type it came with. The only other thing that could have used a little improvement that night was the service, which was a little slow, but that probably could have been attributed to the large crowd that night. Overall, the River Bound Cafe offered my family a relaxing place to eat an enjoyable meal at a very affordable price and deserves high marks.

andersonbn
“Great Food, Nice Atmosphere”
Reviewed August 16, 2009

Burgers, Wraps, Seafood all for a reasonable price. Check out their website for a full menu. Every month has a calendar featuring theme nights like "Hawaiian Night" or "Food You Loved As A Kid" and they also offer date night specials. They also have a pastry chef who makes all of their desserts. A few beers on tap, some in bottles, and a full liquor bar. Service is fast, and friendly, and the restaurant is always clean, and is decorated really tastefully. Try it!