“Great for comfort food”

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #14 of 111 Restaurants in Mechanicsville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mechanicsville, Virginia, United States
“Great for comfort food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I really enjoy the atmosphere inside - country/southern. The food is very good, especially when I crave chicken and dumplings with fried okra, and the service is very good.

Visited December 2012

Louisa, Virginia, United States
“Love tbat Cracker Barrel!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I'ge never visited a Cracker Barrel that I didn't like! This one though I frequent more often as it is close to my daughter and we visit her often. We have always had a great experience here! Food....superb, service.....outstanding, and I love the store!

• Visited October 2012
“Always get a good meal at Cracker Barrel...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

I love the consistancy of Cracker Barrel food. This location is no exception. Great food at great prices. What more can be said for this chain of restaurants...

• Visited August 2012
Mechanicsville, Virginia
“Home cooking without the fuss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

We go repeatedly and have yet to find anything we didn't like to eat. The green beans taste like my grandmother used to make and it doesn't get any more "down home" than that. Caution: their store is absolutely great!

Visited July 2012
maryland
“Horrible Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stopped at this Cracker Barrel on 7/3/12 at 2:45 on way to Virginia Beach. There were 3 in our party. The restaurant was not crowded as the lunch crowd was gone. We were seated instantly but then the service went downhill fast and furious. We waited over 15 minutes for a waiter. Asked another waiter who was working out table, he was clueless. Waited a little longer. Went back to the woman whom seated us, she went into the back. A manager ( i found out later) peeked out of the back area and sent another waitress to us. Over 20 minutes had passed, no bread or drinks. This is not goos service.

I have been to multiple Cracker Barrel and nver treated like this. We gave our order. Finally, food. Horrible. The fish was extra crispy. The bisquits were dry and over baked, The flavored tea tasted likem cough syrup. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone looking to have a good meal.

When we received the bill, we requested the manager. The manager never came to our table on his own. We explained to him what had happened. After we were given the bill and about to pay, he offered a desert on him. We refused as it appeared to be given as an after thought.

• Visited July 2012